OEM Tinted glass, how much darker?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My tailgate window needs to be replaced.
Currently it has the green glass. I am wondering how much darker the OEM tinted windows are?
Is it dark enough of would I still need to get a tint?
Pictures would be great.
Thanks

My tailgate window needs to be replaced.
Currently it has the green glass. I am wondering how much darker the OEM tinted windows are?
Is it dark enough of would I still need to get a tint?
Pictures would be great.
Thanks
I would be interested in views on this, as i a looking at rear glass, and want wiper, heated, tinted...

Could you confirm if the rear window part number is 7e5 845 503 F for tinted?

Regards

I would be interested in views on this, as i a looking at rear glass, and want wiper, heated, tinted...

Could you confirm if the rear window part number is 7e5 845 503 F for tinted?

Regards
Sorry I dont know.

My OEM side and rear tints are very very dark, I'd say limo! Very pleased
Hi Jon,
That is good to hear. Been meaning to go into a dealer to look at a van with dark tint but not got around to it....
You don't happen to have the part number for the T6 tinted rear window do you? If not then it looks like i will be taking photos of the part numbers of the windows on a van at the dealer....
Regards,
AB.

the part number for the T6 tinted rear window
Possibly here?

Here my OEM Tinted glass. Hope helps you to make a decision. I wouldn’t go darker personally. I’d like it to be darker when it’s very sunny. However in winter time it’s probably a bit too dark. It’s a good compromise all year round.
2567-E663-69-A4-4-FED-89-A4-4-DEE2-EF76-E21.jpg

Just to update. I had the normal glass that was then limo tinted.
Its darker than OEM and for me its the better solution.

Just to update. I had the normal glass that was then limo tinted.
Its darker than OEM and for me its the better solution.
do you have a heating element on it? if so was the tint film ok?

Had mine dark tinted for privacy but was worried about overdoing it. Went for a dark but not blackout tint. Virtually nothing can be seen when looking from the outside giving the security I need and from the inside I can see all I need through the rear view mirror giving no problem when reversing up close. The nice bonus is in the morning, wherever I've spent the night I can sit in the little seat at the back with my first coffee and watch the world go by as if I was in a conservatory...without trousers! :eek:

IMG_20220628_150320 copy.jpg

IMG_20220628_154307 copy.jpg

Had mine dark tinted for privacy but was worried about overdoing it. Went for a dark but not blackout tint. Virtually nothing can be seen when looking from the outside giving the security I need and from the inside I can see all I need through the rear view mirror giving no problem when reversing up close. The nice bonus is in the morning, wherever I've spent the night I can sit in the little seat at the back with my first coffee and watch the world go by as if I was in a conservatory...without trousers! :eek:

:slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl:

Compared to the Camper glass tinted side windows I fitted to my previous van, the OEM tinted side and rear Kombi windows in my new van are not that dark.

Yes, they limit visibility inwards but not by enough IMHO….

3728E9D0-82E0-456D-AF36-C505B704E257.jpeg

Compared to the Camper glass tinted side windows I fitted to my previous van, the OEM tinted side and rear Kombi windows in my new van are not that dark.

View attachment 164781
Yes, im in the same boat, plus mine leak so i'm looking to get them swapped out rather than have them tinted as the aftermarket glass is stained rather than tint film. Then get the tailgate tinted to match.

Plus your van is black, so if you go for a privacy tint the window looks like it isn't there which in my opinion looks really good! don't quite get the same effect on my grey van!

Yes, im in the same boat, plus mine leak so i'm looking to get them swapped out rather than have them tinted as the aftermarket glass is stained rather than tint film. Then get the tailgate tinted to match.

Plus your van is black, so if you go for a privacy tint the window looks like it isn't there which in my opinion looks really good! don't quite get the same effect on my grey van!
Interestingly, in certain lights/angles they look like limo tint and not there...

View attachment 164781
Those side windows look like the lighter of the 2 OEM tints To me.

sorry to drag up an old thread, but i am now looking to get myself a heated dark tinted rear window with wiper. Does anyone have the number for the VW item? I listed what i though was the correct part above, (7e5845503F).

I am looking for a dark tint not just the green... I don't want a film.

Anyone have any experience of Van Windows Direct of Castleford?

Regards,

AB

Back