Time for winters?

From the Alps skiing trips to getting home late at night in 6" of fresh snow, winter tyres have been the reason I was still moving.
I thought winter tyres were manitory for some places on the continent, but seem to have been a recent thing in the UK. I'm not saying you should not have them though I have to wonder if they are needed in the UK where there is not that much snow or ice. The worst I ever knew was in 1962/3 when it snowed Boxing day and was still hanging around come Easter and mum kept me at home for over a month, since then we have never had that bad a winter and when we do have snow it seems panic ensues. You need good tyres in the winter that is for sure but is it worth it buying a second set for what we go through.

Heavy snow forecast tonight. I'm not due home until about 2am, in the worst of it. The 18% gradient hill I have to get up will be fun. I may post some of my dash cam footage if I remember.

My Winters will be going on over the holidays - later this week! 17" Ronal's for me to try and save the RR Sport Supercharger 20" wheels from the road salt!IMG_2285.JPG

45A65986-3B18-41C0-9A8A-5E7B65A61F85.jpg IMG_2318.JPG Winters are now on!
Van Looking a lot different with 17" wheels instead of the 20" that have been on since new.

Back