Tie-Down Screw thread T6.1

boxer750

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all
Having put the floor over 4 out of 6 of the holes for the tie down eyes, I want to utilise the holes in the van shown in the pic.
Seemed like it would be M10 but just bought some and it isn't..
Anyone know what they are please?
Pete

IMG_20210819_104716052.jpg

Note this is a T6, I doubt anything has changed though.
EDIT: I just realised that is a seatbelt mount, they are 7/16” UNF

m10 X 1.5 pitch…. Ahh beat me to it #2 :thumbsup:

edit,…picture didn’t fully reveal …. Gotcha

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I assumed everything was metric, being German...
The M10 doesn't hold .. feels like it's screwing in.. but comes out with a wiggle.
As the seatbelt ones are quite short, I'll need to source longer ones.
UNF. Thwarted at every turn.. :)

Thanks for the replies. I assumed everything was metric, being German...
The M10 doesn't hold .. feels like it's screwing in.. but comes out with a wiggle.
As the seatbelt ones are quite short, I'll need to source longer ones.
UNF. Thwarted at every turn.. :)
Industry standard thread.

Reactions: Loz
These were single bolt swivel eyes on the sides the bolt thread measures 10.9 mm but the bolt head says 8.8 AF is this a seat belt fixing point size

the bolt looks like it the pictures of bolt holding side eyes and the eyelet VW PN 7HO -801 -983 LEK might of been added on as after sales

as i have the other 6 eyes in the floor they have twin star drive bolts were smaller the thread measures 9.8

M10 mm studding thread i make it 9.7mm

Nick

screw 1.JPG

screw 2.JPG

These were single bolt swivel eyes on the sides the bolt thread measures 10.9 mm but the bolt head says 8.8 AF is this a seat belt fixing point size

the bolt looks like it the pictures of bolt holding side eyes and the eyelet VW PN 7HO -801 -983 LEK might of been added on as after sales

as i have the other 6 eyes in the floor they have twin star drive bolts were smaller the thread measures 9.8

M10 mm studding thread i make it 9.7mm

Nick

View attachment 127676

View attachment 127677
8.8 is the tensile grade of the bolt not the size.
M10 studding is 10mm minus the tolerance.

7/16” converts to 11.11mm which would explain why M10 is pulling out.

thx @DXX i did wonder what it meant. makes sense for a seat belt fastener.
Most carbon steel fasteners will be 8.8, often referred to as grade 8 on metric.
Other stretch bolts (single use) will be 10.9.
Never replace one of these bolts with anything of a lesser grade, such as stainless steel.
AF (across flats) just indicated that it is an Imperial or Unified thread (Inches).

Can someone tell me the measurement between lashing points on T6.1? I am taking delivery of my pv in a couple of weeks and would like to start designing a bed platform that uses the lashing points to hold it position. The idea being that the plywood, lightweight frame can be lifted out after releasing straps in minutes.

Back