Throttle Control Body System Fault?

Camperjoe

T6 Pro
Just wondered if anyone has had a similar fault. I have a 150ps DSG with 10000 miles and just over a year old. Last week it broke down. Coil light came on flashing and lost all power (reduced to idle). Switched off ignition and started again and MFD said Start Stop fault, but coil light went out. Anyway I had power back so travelled the last part to work. Had Roadside Assist come out and said it was throttle control body system fault (unfortunately never gave me the code). I left it with VW dealer and after a day phoned to say its Throttle valve implausible signal, but said there is an outstanding software update for this. Anyone else had this?
Strangely enough soon after buying this van I had the light come on and was told it was the Adblue fault others have had on here and again there is an outstanding software update they are waiting on. 8 months on I've not heard of a software update coming so won't hold my breath on this one, but this recent fault stopped the van in its tracks so fear the worst is to come? Any thoughts much appreciated.

I get implausible signal faults on my egr valve position. Implausible Signal is always a software issue where it logs a value it was not expecting and there is no other associated fault. So it sounds like a few of these are building up to the point where they will do a software update to clean these bugs.
This will be expedited if they cause a limp home.

Ok thanks, not sure if this was limp mode as never had it on this van before. I was literally like losing a cylinder where it was badly jolting forward at 10mph. Lets hope there is a fix soon. Problem is if they give out this naff response each time owners are going to just recycle the ignition and ignore it which worst case could lead to engine failure.

I understand where you are coming from so let me put it another way;
If you get a throttle fault the engine ecu may trip into "limp mode" or it may just hiccup as you experienced.
This could be caused by a faulty throttle sensor and the logged fault may be start of this, but the number of faults logged may lead to then replacing the throttle position sensor if you keep getting this.

Thanks Guys, I guess I just need to join the queue for the many updates to come. My hunch is its a long queue and even a longer wait. :mexican wave: When its out of warranty they may well start trying parts at my cost. Bit cynical I know.

Back