Three Year Old Van (almost). Extended Warranty Options Other Than Vw?

From looking into it there is a £2500 claim limit on the Vw commercial warranty, why would. I pay £1200 cover for a year in which the maximum amount they will pay out is £2500,?

The quote i got online was more expensive aswell. Its best to ring and speak with someone I found. The online quote doesn't include any voluntary excess, so I added £100 excess and that dropped the price quite abit and obviously the longer the period the more money your save etc.
The person I spoke to on the phone was very helpful.

The quote i got online was more expensive aswell. Its best to ring and speak with someone I found. The online quote doesn't include any voluntary excess, so I added £100 excess and that dropped the price quite abit and obviously the longer the period the more money your save etc.
The person I spoke to on the phone was very helpful.
Thanks so much for that , really helpful, I’ll almost certainly go with them to tie in the cover
Have I read the vw warranty wrong that it only gives £2500 worth of cover ? That surely can’t be right

With all these warranties it is vital to check any consequential damage clauses, wear and tear clauses and that your services have been carried out to the letter. Otherwise you may find it's better to save your money.

As my van is 3 years old at the end of the month I have just had the email from VW for an extended warranty.

My van has 16000 miles on the clock and for under 10k miles per annum with £100 excess and all component cover the premium is £455 for 12 months.

Named component cover only brings it down to £337.

VW recovery is extra but I have to phone to get a quote.

I’m undecided whether to give VW any more money, not bother with any warranty, or find another warranty provider.

Any thoughts ?

From looking into it there is a £2500 claim limit on the Vw commercial warranty, why would. I pay £1200 cover for a year in which the maximum amount they will pay out is £2500,?
Those figures just don't stack up

I don’t think we should give them any more of our hard earned money. Not until they sort out issues like egr and adblue

Hi, I agree regarding VW cover. £2500 would not go far if there was a major engine or transmission fault.
Seriously looking at Warranty Direct, who seem to get good reviews.
Their Advanced Cover for 10k miles PA with uncapped labour costs and a £250 excess is £603.22 for 3 years including a free MOT (and possibly £51 from Topcashback).
By paying for 3 years up-front, I would be paying the equivalent of £165 per year net of discounts.
Also if I have the next 2 services through VW, I would also have some protection under the Sale of Goods Act during the first 6 years.
Am I missing something?:rolleyes:
Quote attached.

Attachments

• Your Cover - Car & Van Warranty Quote.pdf
    182 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: CAB
A warranty extension is a safe and and secure way to go I assume.t I am also in some ways looking forward for my warranty to expire because there are a few things that I am wanting to change. The first being to add down hill assist for instance.

Hi, I agree regarding VW cover. £2500 would not go far if there was a major engine or transmission fault.
Seriously looking at Warranty Direct, who seem to get good reviews.
Their Advanced Cover for 10k miles PA with uncapped labour costs and a £250 excess is £603.22 for 3 years including a free MOT (and possibly £51 from Topcashback).
By paying for 3 years up-front, I would be paying the equivalent of £165 per year net of discounts.
Also if I have the next 2 services through VW, I would also have some protection under the Sale of Goods Act during the first 6 years.
Am I missing something?:rolleyes:
Quote attached.
On the face of it, that looks like a very good buy (to my amateur and untrained eye anyway). My VW warranty is up next year and I'll be looking closely at Warranty Direct for some cover after that (indeed, I've just diarised it on my laptop!).

The uncertainty of warranties too is their ease of use and hassle factor I was leaning towards a vw one but now there is no way I’d have one .......
from recent personal experience I cannot recommend the vw one , I had a problem with my electric slider so booked it in with our local vw garage for three days so they had ample time to diagnose and get it authorised. They diagnosed it on the first morning but after much chasing on the third day vw commercial authorised the work to be done and then obviously the local dealer needed to order in the parts so time ran out ......

two weeks later ... van in and they had ordered the wrong part

Point being has anyone on here used warranty direct and claimed through them , it surely doesn’t have to be this hard .

The uncertainty of warranties too is their ease of use and hassle factor I was leaning towards a vw one but now there is no way I’d have one .......
from recent personal experience I cannot recommend the vw one , I had a problem with my electric slider so booked it in with our local vw garage for three days so they had ample time to diagnose and get it authorised. They diagnosed it on the first morning but after much chasing on the third day vw commercial authorised the work to be done and then obviously the local dealer needed to order in the parts so time ran out ......

two weeks later ... van in and they had ordered the wrong part

Point being has anyone on here used warranty direct and claimed through them , it surely doesn’t have to be this hard .
like i mentioned in my earlier post, I've only recently joined warranty wise and luckily haven't had to use them yet, but my dad has used them for a number of years (he owns as VW Tiguan) and has made a number of claims with a relatively good experience from what i know. They pretty much just wanted to see the service/ repair reports and copies of the receipts before they paid out.

Has anyone extended their warranty recently? mine is 3 yrs old very shortly so out of warranty

Thanks for the info. Rang VW and I'm not eligible because my warranty runs out after the offer expires. I'm not that fussed about VW servicing, there are good independents around. But would like the warranty

Not eligible? Do you mean for the 25% discount?

The All-in plan is advertised as being for vans between 3 and 5 years old.....so you can take it out anytime in that time criteria.

Not eligible? Do you mean for the 25% discount?

The All-in plan is advertised as being for vans between 3 and 5 years old.....so you can take it out anytime in that time criteria.
I'm in the same boat as @benp1

3-yr warranty runs out May 22nd, but they won't let you pay now to get the discount :(

The discount period seems to come around quite regularly. I'd wing it until it reappears in a few months.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back