Three piece ply floor

Hi, I think you are missing the point here, a traditional 3 piece floor is made from 8x4 sheets and needs long joins down one or 2 edges and companies do this also to simplify shipping. A 10x5 sheet has very small joins on a couple of fillets. The 2 are not comparable.

If you would like to start manufacturing sheet sizes 1622mm wide I will happily buy from you and do a complete one piece floor…..

Also a jigsaw join does not pull wood together and will do nothing to prevent the joint up down movement, only lateral so is of no use here.

Also a jigsaw join does not pull wood together and will do nothing to prevent the joint up down movement, only lateral so is of no use here.
Ah thanks, that's the question I was asking. If it's 2D and just stops lateral movement it's not all that good, and I agree they would not be comparable.

I suspect there are some sellers that would oversell the benefit of the jigsaw joint then... I'll leave you sellers to fight that one out :D

Ah thanks, that's the question I was asking. If it's 2D and just stops lateral movement it's not all that good, and I agree they would not be comparable.

I suspect there are some sellers that would oversell the benefit of the jigsaw joint then... I'll leave you sellers to fight that one out :D
Jigsaw for alignment only really, won’t harm having one. We don’t use them, sometimes over engineering can lead to complication :thumbsup:

I have two piece joined down the centre of the van ..dividing passenger and drivers side it bugs the hell out of me where it lifts towards the front on one side .. I had it stuck down with Sikaflex where it lifted but inevitably I needed to get under it at one point (so had to rip it out )and may do again so don’t want to resort to sticking anything down even my altro floor covering is not stuck and thank god for that . I use the plastic lash point ring retainers and the bolted down lash points to hold it together it works perfectly .. only lifts in the centre towards the front due to the damn two piece floor .. mine came with the van had the lash points marked out and was fitted pretty well so I stayed with it … but do wish I had got a better floor . It’s a lot of hassle though . God knows what a one piece floor would be like to fit or worse need to remove at any time . Nightmare I would imagine .

I did this when fitting mine, albeit with a kombi floor underneath:
20220512_145303-COLLAGE.jpg
It's still not seamless, but I made it a change of Karndean planks and it's less than 0.5mm difference, so only really feel it underneath bare feet, and hopefully that bit will end up under furniture (as an aside, I might remove that section then to have more space in the bottom cupboards i.e. drop a leisure battery to the actual floor)

More about raised floors here: Post in thread '[GUIDE] Raising the floor height to match OEM rails' [GUIDE] Raising the floor height to match OEM rails

Back