THQ V3 DRL / Indicator sync problem

MMonty

Good Afternoon,

I have just fitted some V3 headlamps from THQ.
Was easy and straight forward enough to fit. Overall the results are great with all LED bulbs.
Only problem I have is when the hazards are switched off and the DRLs come back on the n/s comes on a bit earlier than o/s.
Just wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before?
I have added a video to show what I am meaning.

Thanks!

*** EDIT I cant seem to upload video from my iPhone unfortunately ***

Last edited:
Just went to move my van and have also noticed a slight flicker from both dipped beams when engine is running. These are turning out more hastle than they are worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The flicker is likely to do with he LED's, rather than the lights themselves - I suspect your LED's need resistors similar to the ones supplied by Transporter HQ on their fog light LED conversion kit;
I'd get in touch with the supplier of the LED's and ask them.

The LED bulbs came with the headlamps from THQ. Hoping it’s a simple swap over of the bulbs. I think the indicator problem is something deeper though. Unfortunately I can’t upload a video of that problem.

The LED bulbs came with the headlamps from THQ. Hoping it’s a simple swap over of the bulbs. I think the indicator problem is something deeper though. Unfortunately I can’t upload a video of that problem.
I’d contact the guys at THQ - I have always found them extremely helpful and easy to deal with.

Emailed them earlier, just waiting on reply. Bored in isolation so was wondering if there was anything I could do while I wait for reply. Hoping they haven’t finished up for Xmas already.

Flickering, DAB interference and not a patch on HIDs for performance.

I cant seem to upload video from my iPhone unfortunately

guys I'm just about to push the button on some v2s, I keep seeing you all talking about HIDs and then the leds not being great.
performance and brightness wise what would you do when orderin..... buy both standard bulbs and don't spend anymore money on the and buy a separate kit from somewhere else?? @dubber36 @DaveD

cheers guys

guys I'm just about to push the button on some v2s, I keep seeing you all talking about HIDs and then the leds not being great.
performance and brightness wise what would you do when orderin..... buy both standard bulbs and don't spend anymore money on the and buy a separate kit from somewhere else?? @dubber36 @DaveD

cheers guys
HID's in the dipped beam projector work great, I tried the upgraded halogens and LED's before fitting the HID's. The HID's are, IMO, the best way to go with the dipped beam in the V2's. I wouldn't waste the money on the halogen bulb upgrade option, it still isn't a patch on the HID's.

ok ill just get the units and then order the hid kit online, would you choose black or chrome units/ what's closer to factory in your opinion?
can I fit the units to the van and then fit the hid kit after is that possible, excuse my ignorance

ok ill just get the units and then order the hid kit online, would you choose black or chrome units/ what's closer to factory in your opinion?
can I fit the units to the van and then fit the hid kit after is that possible, excuse my ignorance
I chose the black V2 lights but it's purely personal preference.
I removed the front bumper and headlights to swap the V2's over so I fitted the HID's at the same time, I think it's possible to do it later with the headlights in situ but so much easier while they're out.

HID's in the dipped beam projector work great, I tried the upgraded halogens and LED's before fitting the HID's. The HID's are, IMO, the best way to go with the dipped beam in the V2's. I wouldn't waste the money on the halogen bulb upgrade option, it still isn't a patch on the HID's.
Exactly what he said. and get these HID dubber linked. i wouldnt bother entertain the LED bulb approach. I stuck nightbreaker H1s in the main beam and happy with them, slightly different colour to the 4300k hid but subtle enought for me not to change Night driving is actually do able now....

one more question, does the hid kit come with 2 bulbs obviously for the main beams, then what's best to put in the other one as it were??

cheers

too much for me , them terminators have two options online h7 or h7r and then the colour, can I choose any of those or does it have to be specific??

one more question, does the hid kit come with 2 bulbs obviously for the main beams, then what's best to put in the other one as it were??

cheers
No, HID's are best in the dipped beam, H7, the colour is up to you but 4000K or 5000K is best in my opinion, they supply a pair of them.
I've got H1 Nightbreakers in my main beam reflectors, they're OK.

Back