This Is Polly

Tappers

Hi all,

I’ve been a member for about a week, enthusiastically reading various threads. I really like the sense of community on here and there’s clearly a wealth of knowledge.

My wife and I have been camping for years, but with 2 young boys and lots of gear it has become increasingly difficult to get away without having to use a second car. For a while we’ve been thinking about a Transporter (it was never going to be anything else!) and on Tuesday last week we picked up our first ever van.

Whilst I like the idea of getting a project vehicle, I’m not the best at stuff like that and having the two young boys we wanted something we could use straight away, so that led us to Polly.

She’s 3 and a half years old and had just over 40k on the clock. We look forward to making many happy memories with the boys as they grow up and for them to have good memories of going away in the van when they were younger. I’ll also probably try and tinker with the odd modification here and there I’m sure, starting with the lights!

716730A4-20DC-46B9-99A1-E7E2EECAAC16.jpeg 06CC8D9B-E01B-47B4-9B14-0CE21E219A3C.jpeg B877E2F6-A791-42FD-BAA9-B0E69F043754.jpeg

0F80BFA3-EDB9-416A-983A-AF6D7D2CEAC3.jpeg

58D7ACC6-897F-4FCE-82C4-623CD2B760E4.jpeg

Welcome @Tappers and to polly.
Where about in Shropshire are you.. PM me for coffee meets with other locals.

salopvans done well by looks of yours.

Welcome @Tappers and to polly.
Where about in Shropshire are you.. PM me for coffee meets with other locals.

salopvans done well by looks of yours.

Thanks. I’m in Shifnal, near Telford. How about you?

We’re really pleased with the van. Salop seemed like a decent place to go give we’re new to the game and they were really helpful. There were quite a few to choose from, but Polly ended up sticking out from the bunch.

We went to Bala Lake for a day trip when we got her, and passed quite a few T6’s and T5’s whilst on the road. The amount of waves we got and gave made it good fun!

We’re really pleased with the van. Salop seemed like a decent place to go give we’re new to the game and they were really helpful. There were quite a few to choose from, but Polly ended up sticking out from the bunch.

We went to Bala Lake for a day trip when we got her, and passed quite a few T6’s and T5’s whilst on the road. The amount of waves we got and gave made it good fun!
I’ve been to Shifnal today on my bike :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Forum @Tappers.
Nice looking van and good to see another Shropshire member.
Hopefully see you at one of the meets sometime.:thumbsup:

May have seen you then, based in Ludlow.

Welcome from another shropshire lad :thumbsup: nice looking van and there's a few from salop vans on here

Welcome from another shropshire lad :thumbsup: nice looking van and there's a few from salop vans on here

Thanks @Peatey

I guess Salop is a good decision for those in Shropshire who don’t have the skills or know-how to do work themselves and want a van ready to go. Now I have it though, I just want to tinker with stuff!

Back