This Forum Is Great

Pummer67

T6 Pro
This forum is great. I'm so glad I joined. Great help and information to help decide on options.
I found the t25 forum great as well for the weird and wonderful things a old air cooled van could chuck towards you with problems.
I Just wish I looked sooner if there was a forum but I have only just started to look for things to improve our van

Ha ha. I know the feeling. It's a bottomless pit of expenditure. If only we had a endless supply of £££££££££

Agreed ..... and it may be controversial :D ......... but I actually think the tiny £12.99 'VIP Membership' annual fee should be a compulsory contribution to both the infrastructure / operational costs of this Forum and the time and resources made available to all by Admin / Moderators.

The breadth and depth of 'ownership support' and camaraderie on this Forum has never ceased to amaze me :thumbsup:

Agreed ..... and it may be controversial :D ......... but I actually think the tiny £12.99 'VIP Membership' annual fee should be a compulsory contribution to both the infrastructure / operational costs of this Forum and the time and resources made available to all by Admin / Moderators.

The breadth and depth of 'ownership support' and camaraderie on this Forum has never ceased to amaze me :thumbsup:

Although I don't disagree, I doubt the forum would be where it is now if the Membership was compulsory. I've often clicked on forums that charge to join, and just clicked straight off. The fact that most VIP members will of only paid to use the Sales section suggests they got it spot on.
I was chatting to @Pauly at the last show, and he mentioned that they started this place as a laugh, which considering where it is now, must of been the best 'laugh' they've had in a long time. I don't know if you can make a living from a forum, but personally I've learnt a lot of technical information on here, and it's the first place I click when I turn on my laptop, or phone. I love the banter, and it's got me out the poo with information loads of times. Plus where else in the world would you get people actually volunteering to relay parts we buy up and down the UK for 'beer' tokens. Thoroughly decent guys.

I'm a paid member of several forums, but all the others are on a professional capacity to do with my business. I get asked to join to help with technical questions in my field, and to be fair, 50% of my yearly work comes direct from certain forums, but I cannot be myself on those, and have to be totally professional, plus many of them spiral into deep political debates, arguments, and locked threads, so not much fun at times.

Also, i've actually met some really top guys and a few are good mates now that pester me 24/7 on WhatsApp :whistle: when you consider I have a personal reputation of being a grumpy unsociable sod, this has surprised even my own wife. (by the way, i'm not unsociable, or grumpy. I'm just at an age where I cannot stand BS or morons, so choose my mates wisely)

Last edited:
@Tourershine ..... good point Tourer. I think when it started, it would've been very difficult to charge, I agree. In the beginning, people would've asked, "what exactly are we paying for here".

Is it a different matter now it is very mature in terms of it's offering and the amount of time/cost put into actually providing the platform and associated services??

I wasn't suggesting the Forum should necessarily be a "living" but by the same token there are costs, both actual and time.

I also appreciate that significant value comes from the many members contributions and I personally think that is very fairly reflected by the 'sharing' fee only being £12.99/yr.

I guess the flip-side is that, there also has to be the means of a 'potential' new member assessing value, or they may "click off" as you say and the only way I can think of is actually a free membership period.

Either way, it's an interesting debate and the Forum is very successful anyway. I guess the bottom line is that I was just agreeing with the original post and feel that in return, I want to 'give' back by being happy to pay the fee and contribute constructive content / references wherever I can.

Last edited:
I’ve joined / started following some VW forums on Facebook just so I could shift some old parts quickly and, fap me, those places are hard work.
Countless posts asking the same questions like “Best wheels?” or “Where can I buy tyres from?” of which most end up in heated debates. It’s like being on a live version of the Jeremy Kyle show.

Plus, I’ve had loads of help from people on T6F. And I don’t just mean replies to posts - I’ve had phone calls with advice from the man himself, offers of free goods and untold photos of other users’ mods that I’ve struggled to undertake myself.

So well done Pauly, mods and fellow members for keeping this forum just that - a forum - and not a social media site full of drama and armchair warriors.

#rantover

Last edited:
I have just been informed that I have paid another 12month VIP subscription and I'm chuffed to bits, but where does the time go.

Keep up the good work everyone this is a great forum and a great place to learn many things, and meet some nice people

Ps I used the search button to track down this thread :rolleyes:

Not a bad post that one @Tourershine I actually read this one...:thumbsup::rofl: but agree with your post tbh.

How just over a year can change. It was only a few days ago we were sat together gazing at the stars (albeit your roof lining trickery)

Still the first place I click on 2 years later, and still just as interesting, just with even more chums :thumbsup:

Back