New Member from Surrey

Hi All,
I have taken the plunge and entered the van life a month ago. Having found this forum informative I have decided to join. I’m driving a Fontana red t6.1 4motion Komb.
-Kasen-
Welcome to the 'club'!
An absolute wealth of knowledge on here, I really can't remember what my spare time and money was spent on prior to T6.1 ownership!
Good to have you, a few more pics and specs of that beautiful Fortana red would be greatly appreciated by the community, people like pictures on here I've heard!

Welcome to the 'club'!
An absolute wealth of knowledge on here, I really can't remember what my spare time and money was spent on prior to T6.1 ownership!
Good to have you, a few more pics and specs of that beautiful Fortana red would be greatly appreciated by the community, people like pictures on here I've heard!
It’s a swb hi-line199bhp, with a dsg box, standard cloth interior, captain seats in front and 2 + 1 rear seats. Electric rear sliding doors and power locking tail gate that I want to automate. Reverse camera, but was looking to replace the screen for the 9” sport line version.
Currently, I’m working on the sound deadening, trying to reduce the resonance frequency in the vehicle. So far I’ve completed the floor and the wheel arches and it’s made a difference, I have the sides and the doors and ceiling to yet to complete. As I travel on 20% muddy terrain only when it rains, I am contemplating whether I should change wheels to 19”, or just have the 17” wrapped with Michelin Agilis cross climate. Since I’ve picked up the vehicle it hasn’t been cleaned again. Last image with 3 layers of sound proofing on the floor only.

727BD8EA-9B71-444C-B2CB-23F7847996B4.jpeg

CA05F508-3748-4667-9C55-51C64AD869DF.jpeg

3542CAB6-C175-493E-AE10-4CEC2E2C2370.jpeg

0191322F-2707-4A19-81C2-0FC214E2B07F.jpeg

A lovely blank canvas! Keep up the spending to keep the economy on track! Can't wait to see this one evolve!

Back