Thinkware Dashcam Voice

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Is there any way of turning off the voice and chime that starts up every time I turn the ignition on?

Ta!

I know you can turn certain sounds off like the safety announcements but not all, I wanted to turn off the bleep you get when the shock sensor goes off.

Same as above I have turned volume to zero but still get the annoying startup

Got this reply from them:

The only way to silence them is to turn the sound level of the unit to zero but this will silence everything. Thinkware (and myself) think the start-up chime is important to let you know the camera is powering up & working. We have seen with other dash cams over the years that don’t have a chime that they could fail and because of where they are fitted no one notices until an incident happens and find they have no video for the last month so be cautious!

btw what parking mode is best? I had it on motion detection but that just records anything and everything that moves! just want it to trigger when some scrote dings my door in sainsburys car park!

It's tricky I got door dinged and the impact was not enough to trigger record (luckily pdr removed without trace) so use motion now records way to much but rather have it than not have so also stuck a huge men card in it so keeps multiple days at a time

It's tricky I got door dinged and the impact was not enough to trigger record (luckily pdr removed without trace) so use motion now records way to much but rather have it than not have so also stuck a huge men card in it so keeps multiple days at a time
Thanks @Pauly , can you recommend a memory card that works with the unit?

It's real picky, the first I bought didn't work but the second did, I don't have the info anymore as it was over 12 months ago but I used a thread on the thinkware forum to source a 256gb card that works, will pop it out of my unit tonight and post the make/model

Back