Thermal screens

John K

Has anyone got any particular recommendation for thermal screens for a T5.1 Shuttle? Or are they all pretty much the same?

I had some for my previous van and the suckers were next to useless, leading to endless problems keeping them in place. I’d rather avoid a repeat of that so good quality suckers are a must.

Vanstyle look good but say not suitable for twin sliders, but I’m not sure why that would make a difference?

Anyone used QTM? They make good claims about their suckers but don’t come up in any searches here.

Has anyone got any particular recommendation for internal thermal screens? Or are they all pretty much the same?

I asked in the T5 section but didn’t get any replies, so thought I’d broaden it out a bit by asking here too.

I had some for my previous van and the suckers were next to useless, leading to endless problems keeping them in place. I’d rather avoid a repeat of that so good quality suckers are a must.

Vanstyle look good but say not suitable for twin sliders, but I’m not sure why that would make a difference? Mine’s a Shuttle so I’d need to check.

Anyone used QTM? They make good claims about their suckers but don’t come up in any searches here.

Has anyone got any particular recommendation for internal thermal screens? Or are they all pretty much the same?

I asked in the T5 section but didn’t get any replies, so thought I’d broaden it out a bit by asking here too.

Vanstyle look good but say not suitable for twin sliders, but I’m not sure why that would make a difference? Mine’s a Shuttle so I’d need to check.

We’ve got the Just Kampers ones. No complaints & I’d buy the same again.

Reimo ones. One of the best purchases we made. On eBay brand new around £53 for the fronts, not sure if they do them for other windows

I have the Just Kampers rear internal with the suckers and it goes on fine every time.
I have the JK external front wrap around and it is very good. Never any condensation on those windows even in sun zero temps.

It was the JustKampers ones I had before, but that was a long time ago. Maybe they've got better suckers now!

I like the look of the Camparvan Parts magnetic cab set for an easy life.

My experience is once the sun has heated the plastic suckers a few times they all harden. Job done, in the bin. If anyone can supply spare suckers, game on.

Reimo ones. One of the best purchases we made. On eBay brand new around £53 for the fronts, not sure if they do them for other windows
Ditto, 1st thing I bought 5 years ago when I bought my T6 Campervan and they're still working great.
As we seldom visit Campsite, for us internal screens are better just in case one has to move on fast (there are a few horror stories out there).

My experience is once the sun has heated the plastic suckers a few times they all harden. Job done, in the bin. If anyone can supply spare suckers, game on.
Not happened to my Reimo screens after 5 years of heavy use.

My wife sewed extra strong magnets into pockets and fitted them around the screens at relevant positions. Bought the magnets off Amazon, they are about 10mm diameter, but take care as they are brittle. Now we don't use the suckers and the screens never fall off. We found that the front screen didn't need any magnets as the sun visors hold this in place.

Back