Then And Now.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I just realised it's been almost 1 year to the day that I started this whole T6 project. I dread to think how much money I've spent on my van getting it to how she looks today. There's been a lot of lessons learnt, and a lot of education added in here.
Am I happy with the finished look? Kind of yes. I have another itch i've been contemplating for some time with how mine looks, but it will mean a drastic change, and a lot of what I've spent and added will become redundant, but this is an itch I need to not scratch, or I will either be bankrupt, or divorced. (not sure which is worse:confused:)

Anyway, anyone else got any pictures from their start to finished T6's?

Here's mine.

From this humble start:

20171005_094426.jpg

To this:

20171106_085235.jpg

And finally to this as she sits today:

20180926_144637.jpg

Favourite modification, by far my wheels. Best money I spent on the bus and I get asked about them pretty much on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I'm team white at the moment, or should i say my wife is. She takes the van at any opportunity and i look out to find i have the car left on the drive. So i am contemplating another t6 in black, and i have to say i never contemplated steel wheels until i started trolling through and seeing how good they look on the Black t6. It looks absolutely full on Tourershine

I'm team white at the moment, or should i say my wife is. She takes the van at any opportunity and i look out to find i have the car left on the drive. So i am contemplating another t6 in black, and i have to say i never contemplated steel wheels until i started trolling through and seeing how good they look on the Black t6. It looks absolutely full on Tourershine

I can save you a fortune with a simple formula.
Buy a basic Highline in Black, with no exterior mods from VW. Colour code all the bare plastics, stick on a set of B14's and add some banded steels in 17, 18 or 19" and thats it. This will save you £££££ getting to that point. Slam, Colour code, Steel. Simple.

Last edited:
I can save you a fortune with a simple formula.
Buy a basic Highline in Black, with no exterior mods from VW. Colour code all the bare plastics, stick on a set of B14's and add some banded steels in 18 or 19" and thats it. This will save you £££££ getting to that point. Slam, Colour code, Steel. Simple.

I'm sat in my office laughing Tourershine, because these are wise words. But we all go around the houses a couple times to get to that point. Iv'e got the feeling you wish you had heeded those words originally:):)

I'm sat in my office laughing Tourershine, because these are wise words. But we all go around the houses a couple times to get to that point. Iv'e got the feeling you wish you had heeded those words originally:):)

Yes mate, it's been an expensive and very head scratching year. You try not to copy what others have done, but there's only so many styles out there, so you will end up looking similar to others, but that's not a huge issue I guess.

I have to say this forum has saved me a fortune on messing about with lowering springs, cheap coilovers etc.
Not being a van man and essentially running my T6 as a fishing,leisure vehicle and as a daily drive, I was massively disappointed with the bouncy rolly ride on the stock shocks and springs.
Rather than try to fix on the cheap I went straight to B14s after a week of ownership and they are phenomenal!.
With the soundproofing and carpet in the rear it’s a plush, sweet handling van, ohh and did I mention Just how effin cool it looks!.
A week in I’ve already thrown silly amounts of dough at it, and booked in with @Absolut5 for the full audio treatment!.
RIP Disco 4, hail the T6!

45CF13AE-C128-47EF-8549-39D385309C6F.jpeg

A1BB9D08-1885-4449-9C2E-354BB8434BE6.jpeg

0B618DD7-D624-4814-BC1D-97189D0B1317.jpeg

Love them boots sticking out like that, but I'm not brave enough to fit spacers while it's under warranty though.

Before...
Screenshot_20170901-115327~2.png

After.....
PicsArt_09-29-11.29.31.png

Plus all this camper kit....
IMG_20180217_162127_01.jpg

And a roof....!IMG_20180528_141928_01.jpg

Had my T6 12 months now, most of this stuff done in the first 3months, windows, roof, camper conversion. Had to wait on a delivery from France for Rib seat which held up completion. Still doing stuff but smaller stuff and sorting some bits I should have done at start...

Love it though, never cleaned a vehicle this much in my life.:D:D :thumbsup:

Wow, there's some drastic transformations here! You don't realise until you see the pictures next to each other.

@T6180 looking good mate. Sutble changes are the key to Team White, IMO.
Think it needs a WOC splitter tho.. and maybe some dummy glass in rear.
Love the stance..banded look awesome on white.

Back