The Sportline front spoiler is truly a hideous piece of design

catfood12

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
There, I've said it. :oops:

It's a carbuncle, a spoiler conceived by a 12 year old intern at Lego, a grisly aftermarket looking Halfords sale item.

The thing sticks out like Jimmy Hill's chin, it looks like it's based on a mould created from a piece of 4 X 2, with Wickes pine half round wood trim.:eek:

The thing is screwed over a perfectly handsome bumper, which has had far more design love, skill and attention given to the shape and features (just look at detail around the fog lights’ trim, the gentle recess, horizontal lines etc. :)). The additional cost of the Sportline then gifts this repugnant piece of crap screwed to the front. From one angle it looks like a cow catcher or snowplow on an old American wild west train, from another it looks like an integrated step for accessing stuff on the van roof. The sharp textured lines of the Baseline van’s front bumper look better, like on that fella with all the hats’ white van, than this Emperor’s new clothes aspirational and cherished piece of debris. It’s bad enough people pay extra for the Sportline then have to suffer this, I don’t know why there isn’t a spoiler delete option on the order form. Then sheeple buy them to fit aftermarket! The world has gone mad. Come on, wake up and smell yet another advantage being taken of the T6 owners.

Glad I’ve got that off my chest. I await tacit agreement, new meds, support, flaming, or even a ban.:grin bounce:

It's a carbuncle, a spoiler conceived by a 12 year old intern at Lego, a grisly aftermarket looking Halfords sale item.

The thing sticks out like Jimmy Hill's chin, it looks like it's based on a mould created from a piece of 4 X 2, with Wickes pine half round wood trim.:eek:

The thing is screwed over a perfectly handsome bumper, which has had far more design love, skill and attention given to the shape and features (just look at detail around the fog lights’ trim, the gentle recess, horizontal lines etc. :)). The additional cost of the Sportline then gifts this repugnant piece of crap screwed to the front. From one angle it looks like a cow catcher or snowplow on an old American wild west train, from another it looks like an integrated step for accessing stuff on the van roof. The sharp textured lines of the Baseline van’s front bumper look better, like on that fella with all the hats’ white van, than this Emperor’s new clothes aspirational and cherished piece of debris. It’s bad enough people pay extra for the Sportline then have to suffer this, I don’t know why there isn’t a spoiler delete option on the order form. Then sheeple buy them to fit aftermarket! The world has gone mad. Come on, wake up and smell yet another advantage being taken of the T6 owners.

Glad I’ve got that off my chest. I await tacit agreement, new meds, support, flaming, or even a ban.:grin bounce:
Don't beat about the bush, just say what you think!!! :slow rofl:

Kinda agree with you, the Leighton Van lower bumper is far more in fitting with the bumper.

Having said that on some occasions the spoiler does look like it’s part of the original bumper, black and red seem to rock the Sportline well.

I am waiting on @ChrisR and hopefully his magic can find a perfect aftermarket lower bumper that is truly fitting of our pride and joys.

calm-down-calm-down.jpg

With hindsight I’d have fitted the Van Haven splitter, too late for me now though.

I don’t mind the Sportline too much, but some colours definitely look better than others.

Do you know what’s really ugly, those T6’s with gold wheels... :rofl:

With hindsight I’d have fitted the Van Haven splitter, too late for me now though.

I don’t mind the Sportline too much, but some colours definitely look better than others.

Do you know what’s really ugly, those T6’s with gold wheels... :rofl:

That's a bit harsh stripe boy. Captain Pot meet Mr. Kettle, etc...:)

It definitely doesn’t suit everyone, especially those that are uncool, love speed bumps and general moaning about life because they have too much time their hands :rofl:

This was my take on it . . . . .

(spoiler alert - i removed it !!)

I like them so if anyone has one in white they are looking to get rid of let me know!

It needed saying. I think I'd rather have a dent that a sportline splitter.

Skirting board on a block wall, Transporters make good camper vans but they make poor sports cars.

Ha ha....unless you redesign the front end with Concorde’s nose you’ve got a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a house brick but we love em..... Colour can make a big difference to what you stick on the front end and for that matter what you put on the back..
Looks and perception are personal.... just love your van ...unless you cant take a joke ..Why buy a Transporter :laugh:

aerodynamic bus

659F7822-FB72-4FD6-A354-BC6396895D10.jpeg

Last edited:
Skirting board on a block wall, Transporters make good camper vans but they make poor sports cars.
True, but then we might as well all buy a Mercedes Marco Polo. For me the big attraction for buying a VW was the vast array of customising options (and this forum of course). No 2 vans need be the same, there are loads of different looks from full on swamper to ABT body kits on floored gas shocks and everything in between. It isn't a work van or a camper, it's both and it is very personal to each and every owner.

Back