TFR-Am I killing my new van's bodywork?

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Following delivery of my lovely new vehicle I have been really good at avoiding being lazy on the cleaning front.
I have been keen to avoid the discolouration and damage to aluminium products caused by the TFR used by the Eastern Europeans which host my local ""Hand Car Wash" facility.
So I have been thoroughly cleaning every week or so and started by using a snow foam lance applying this stuff;
13A74300-B296-4B53-AB41-F2DC5AED75BA.jpeg

I only realised today that the label states "Traffic Film Removing Foam".
I've been generously coating bodywork and wheels, allowing to work for 5 mins before rinsing.
Am I now killing my new vehicle's finish, just like I did on my last vehicle?

Edit: i was lazy and used to take my old vehicle to the local hand car wash.

I’m sure it can all be recovered and it doesn’t sound like you w done any damage. Time to give it a good wash and some protection

So can you confirm that this stuff has the same damaging properties as the terrible stuff in the garden sprayers that the Eastern European folk all seem to use?

Some good ideas over here -

Reactions: JOG
I think the term TFR is generic and its the chemical make up of the product that determines the harshness.

I’d be happy using Turtle Wax snow foam. Currently using Bilt Hamber but previously just used car shampoo in the foam lance.

Following delivery of my lovely new vehicle I have been really good at avoiding being lazy on the cleaning front.
I have been keen to avoid the discolouration and damage to aluminium products caused by the TFR used by the Eastern Europeans which host my local ""Hand Car Wash" facility.
So I have been thoroughly cleaning every week or so and started by using a snow foam lance applying this stuff;
View attachment 140964

I only realised today that the label states "Traffic Film Removing Foam".
I've been generously coating bodywork and wheels, allowing to work for 5 mins before rinsing.
Am I now killing my new vehicle's finish, just like I did on my last vehicle?

Edit: i was lazy and used to take my old vehicle to the local hand car wash.
I've used this as well as Autoglym snow foam. It doesn't foam up the same but there are no adverse effects on the paint work.

If it’s killing your van imagine what it’s doing to the wildlife.

So can you confirm that this stuff has the same damaging properties as the terrible stuff in the garden sprayers that the Eastern European folk all seem to use?
The turtle wax stuff is designed for car paintwork, it'll be fine used as per the instructions.
The generic TFR used very concentrated to get oily muck off the underneath of a HGV wouldn't be OK on your T6.
I've never used the money laundering establishments so I don't know how strong they mix it up or what product they use.

Always try and use PH Neutral cleaning solutions, these will do the job they are designated for but won't be detriment to polish or waxes.

Most products advertise this on the label.

Not like a Vegan to be telling everybody about it! :whistle:
I know! That was a joke! I had roast beef for my Sunday lunch!

Here's an old joke form a pal of mine who is in the Royal Navy:
Q: How do you know if there is a pilot in the room?

Almost as bad as dog ‘rescuers’ banging on about it in the pub.

Back