Terrible back/neck pain when driving - please help

rainbowdance

HI all , I bought a beautiful T6 campervan conversion but im having such problems with pain when im driving. Im 5ft 2ins and I have a multitude of cushions behind me, I keep adjusting the seat and it doesnt matter what I do I get so much neck/back pain when im driiving - even for a short time. I really dont know what to do, im considering that I may have to sell the van and get a car again if it carries on like this as its just too painful but I love my van!. can anyone recommend anything?! thank you

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Woooo - I’m no doctor- but having been born with bad back I know that posture is vitally important to reduce back and neck pain Perhaps coming from a car to a van has altered the way you sit when driving and brought on the pain? Personally I find the upright posture of van seating is way better than low slung car seating and in general van seats are very well designed to suit many sizes of people. I would recommend consulting a physiotherapist before going back to a car

Reactions: Bav
I was about to suggest a visit to a chiropractor.

I’ve suffered with back and neck pain on and off for years but fortunately I find my T6 camper comfortable to drive.

When I was first in a lot of pain I found something online called a Backfriend which helped massively. I don’t need it at the moment but it’s never far away in case I need it again!

Edit - just checked they’re still available… not the cheapest but I’ve more than had my money’s worth out of it

Surely you shouldn’t need cushions if the seat is [can] adjust[ed] correctly. There are loads of aftermarket options for seats which people usually do for the look but maybe worth looking at getting a seat fitted from another vehicle or getting the standard seat adapted to give more adjustment.

I’ve suffered with back and neck pain on and off for years but fortunately I find my T6 camper comfortable to drive.

When I was first in a lot of pain I found something online called a Backfriend which helped massively. I don’t need it at the moment but it’s never far away in case I need it again!

Edit - just checked they’re still available… not the cheapest but I’ve more than had my money’s worth out of it
Thank you that could be really useful! ill give them a ring. x

Have you tried pedal extensions. That way you could get a more comfortable position. Something like these should be able to help. Check out Amazon as well, just bolt on and worth a try. Good luck.

Screenshot_20240218-224454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-224441_Samsung Internet.jpg

HI all , I bought a beautiful T6 campervan conversion but im having such problems with pain when im driving. Im 5ft 2ins and I have a multitude of cushions behind me, I keep adjusting the seat and it doesnt matter what I do I get so much neck/back pain when im driiving - even for a short time. I really dont know what to do, im considering that I may have to sell the van and get a car again if it carries on like this as its just too painful but I love my van!. can anyone recommend anything?! thank you
Have you seen the VW commercial advice, here ?

HI all , I bought a beautiful T6 campervan conversion but im having such problems with pain when im driving. Im 5ft 2ins and I have a multitude of cushions behind me, I keep adjusting the seat and it doesnt matter what I do I get so much neck/back pain when im driiving - even for a short time. I really dont know what to do, im considering that I may have to sell the van and get a car again if it carries on like this as its just too painful but I love my van!. can anyone recommend anything?! thank yo
how old is the van/mileage? Has the seat squab started to collapse, is it shaped to the previous owner’s backside? Ours has 50k miles & the seat base is now hard & I’m starting to get lower back pain & a numb bum after a couple of hours in the saddle. Replacement foam seat bases can be bought to replace tired ones & it’s about an hour’s job to change one. It’s on my list.

Back