Team Paprika Red

Frazthoms

Hi,

So the journey begins...

starting with a panel van and doing the full camper conversion, gotta be the cheaper way to have a proper camper van right...? Right?

I’ve had propex (ring wood) install an underslung heater and gas bottle along with BBQ point and filler under the rear bumper.

Plumped for VGC sliders on each side and glass all round.

Insulation and sound deadening is done. Roof just installed by skyline @westonsupermare, done a nice job!

230v solar panel from photonicuniverse.com and I’ve went for victron solar controller, DC-DC and mains batt charger. Next I have to cable it all up with the battery in the kitchen cupboards. mains hookup to be under the bonnet.

currently working on a side project of blackening my recent-purchase, a VW bike rack. Anodising cheap!

going for Red and black theme (no chrome), rebadged the tailgate.

not seen many paprika red T6’s... :(
6BB66643-C4D1-4603-ABA9-6C60A2E2F3F8.jpeg

18” black alloys way down the line.

All the best!

Looking good and going to enjoy seeing what you do to the inside
Can't beat a red T6 (I know not Paprika but still red)
IMG_20201011_161233__01__01.jpg

Awesome. I had a '90 on a 'G' Golf Cabriolet (non-GTI :( ) in Paprika Red. There is not a lot of it about. :)

Great looking van fella.

You guys have some nice red vans.
I’ll be looking to colour code the bumpers, black up the grill and switch out the head and tail lights for led ones.
I did think about the A-Team diagonal stripe on the sides but I got told NO by the missus...

Black side bars will join the party later.

I bought those little rubber stripes that go in between the side blacked out windows to hide the red paint gap but I don’t want to put them on according to the instructions, on the outer side and have a fat rubber strip showing... maybe on the underside of the window?
D9C48872-F31F-4B3A-91DA-E64E8B3D7DB6.png
Had a chat with Martin at Travelvolts today and he is going to help me put the electrics bits and bobs in the right way.

gone victron all the way, loving the idea of the Bluetooth app thing, one ring to control them all, I mean app.

gone for a cheaper switch panel but it’s neat and has exactly what I need:
A9EEBFB0-BDB4-421A-952C-03A2D29A9C02.png

It’s coming together nicely...

thanks

What about decent side stickers?

anyone recommend suppliers?

ideally I’d want black horizontal with the word Ruby cut out the black showing the red paint... (Ruby is the vans name)

I bought those little rubber stripes that go in between the side blacked out windows to hide the red paint gap but I don’t want to put them on according to the instructions, on the outer side and have a fat rubber strip showing... maybe on the underside of the window?
I got some of this and fitted it from behind the glass, fine for the door side but I haven’t attempted the other side yet. Best done when fitting the windows I think

Didn’t even know paprika red was a thing till just now!!
Learn something new everyday!!

Back