Team Devonports.

No sign of any snow in Lincolnshire yet :( My little granddaughter keeps seeing it on the news and then looking wistfully out of the window.

Hi all...

I'm looking at lowering 30mm on Eibach springs and fitting Devonports. Anyone got any pics of this set up? I'm not very clued up (not very... not at all!?) on this stuff so also wondering about spacers. I really like the look but are there potential pitfalls?

The gaps in the arches on my van are bigger on the front with the weight of the conversion in the back. I'm wondering if the stiffer springs will even this out a bit? I don't have a profile pic at the moment but I can post one up when I get a chance

Hi all...

I'm looking at lowering 30mm on Eibach springs and fitting Devonports. Anyone got any pics of this set up? I'm not very clued up (not very... not at all!?) on this stuff so also wondering about spacers. I really like the look but are there potential pitfalls?

The gaps in the arches on my van are bigger on the front with the weight of the conversion in the back. I'm wondering if the stiffer springs will even this out a bit? I don't have a profile pic at the moment but I can post one up when I get a chance

D4D94CDD-565B-4A7F-A8C0-C65E5C4AD88D.jpeg

Thanks @Thogg that's exactly the look I'm after. I'll get an image and some measurements of the gap in the arch. Was yours nice and even before lowering?

Hi all...

If you do a search on spacers you will see pictures of mine with and without on 30mm springs, T32 SWB kombi

Thanks @Thogg that's exactly the look I'm after. I'll get an image and some measurements of the gap in the arch. Was yours nice and even before lowering?
Yep, with the exception of my @slidepods line out the inside of the van hasn’t had any serious work done on it. It’s a better drive now for sure. I was worried it was a bit of the emperors new clothes going on but I’ve had a couple of passengers comment on the ride without me mentioning the drop so it’s clearly done something.

Thanks @Jon it's your images that made me think the spacers were a good way to go, really like the look you have. Are there downsides to spacers / potential pitfalls?

Thanks @Jon it's your images that made me think the spacers were a good way to go, really like the look you have. Are there downsides to spacers / potential pitfalls?
Hi Gavin, I went with 50mm springs but mine was a T32 and seemed to be extremely high ride. I to took some advice from @Jon about spacers. Been running them a few weeks now and they look much better. I went with the H&R spacers and took me about 40nins to fit all four with a big trolley jack.

I did put some pics up on the thread of before & after pics re spacers.

Good luck

I am no mechanic so just my opinion, 95% of the time I have very little weight in my kombi. I am sure some spacers (25mm front 35mm rear) put no more load on the bearings etc than running it around fully loaded. Having done 7000 miles so far like that now I am confident this has no adverse effects. I will be investing in some 18" wheels in the spring and no doubt swap things around then. I went for h&r ones that are very well made and sturdy and fitted them myself.

Thanks for the advice. I've been searching the forums and like the look with 25mm all round and I think this makes things simpler with bolts and things as well! I've got a Reimo bed and rail system in the back so it's not running around light!

Reactions: Jon
Interesting thread. We want to keep the Devonports and standard tyres as much for ease of sourcing if damaged, and ride comfort. BUT, I do want to customise a little and liking the idea of the vinyl, and also spacers! I'm thinking 25 mm all round as a good compromise.

I put wider wheels on a Landy once, and took them off after a week as they covered the sides of the thing with mud. For those with 25 mm spacers on the front, is it adding much to the amount of road dirt that comes off anyway?

Shifting the load out to the sides must add stress to the bearings - I've seen the comments about this not seeming to be a problem, but has anyone HAD problems over time?

Is this a "notify insurer" mod I wonder? We're already down 40 mms on H&R springs and noted that without problem. The wagon is a T32 with a full camper conversion.

Back