Team Devonports.

Can someone help me with a spacer question. On Devonports fitted with 25mm H&R spacers. Can you use factory 19mm wheel bolts and locking bolt. I.e. they don't need cutting down or new bolts.
I'm looking at getting 25mm spacers front and back and don't want the expense of 20 new bolts or the hassle of cutting them all down.
Thanks in advance

@$immo No, the bolts need to be shorter. The H&R kit comes with everything you need ie shorter bolts, spacer to hub and wheel to spacer. Shorter locking bolts will be required. Personally I have still not bothered with lockers but I only have 25mm on the front. J

@$immo No, the bolts need to be shorter. The H&R kit comes with everything you need ie shorter bolts, spacer to hub and wheel to spacer. Shorter locking bolts will be required. Personally I have still not bothered with lockers but I only have 25mm on the front. J
Thanks Jon, so it will just be my locking bolts that will need cutting down then. Is it the same with the 30mm H&R sets do you know? Not sure I need 30mm though!!! Thanks for the reply so quickly also

I have 35mm on the back and have used the standard VW bolts wheel to spacer including the locking one. Not sure on the 30mm but I guess they will be like the 25mm ones. I like the slightly staggered look some would say 35mm is ott but each to their own, there are some pics earlier in this thread.
I will be going for B14's soon and hope to have clearance on the rears without having to change the spacers but should look nice and tucked !

Well I now have some spacers and to assist anyone else thinking about running the original Devonports I took the advice of @Jon about sizes. Measured again myself using a straight edge and a tape measure to the tyre and went for 30mm on the rear and 25mm on the fronts.

To assist anyone else I have posted before and after pics below. I used the H&R spacer kits. I bought them strangely from Amazon as they were £10 cheaper per axle and included next day free delivery.
IMG_20171031_164222~2.jpg IMG_20171031_165740~2.jpg IMG_20171031_165823~2.jpg IMG_20171031_171544~2.jpg

Back