Team Devonports.

Thanks again.
Pretty sure the majority of VW’s use a 65mm centre cap. VW charge silly money for them but you can get pretty decent aftermarket ones for much much less. I know this because I have a set of Amarok wheels that use the same centre caps as my 16” wheels but only one wheel had them when i bought them.

Big Mac. Cheers - that’s exactly where my mind was going!
Hello Ajay, this is where I eat my words. I had my new wheels fitted toady and when I went to swap over the centre caps from the old wheels.........they didn’t fit. Both sets of wheels are genuine VW, both also have 65mm centre caps.

The difference is the internal diameter (or the hole in the wheel If you like).
My original 16” wheels use part number 5G0.601.171, the diameter of the inner circle on these is 55mm as is the hole in the wheel.
The Amarok wheels I have fitted use part number 3B7.601.171, the diameter of the inner circle on these is also 55mm but the clips are a lot larger, the holes in the wheels measure 57mm. Before you splash out on these might be worth double checking your wheels by measuring the centre hole.

This is the one that fits the Amarok wheels:

outside diameter:
13407733-C30B-4ACB-AF56-0FE47D23FB11.jpeg

Inside diameter:
DFEB0448-7C0A-480A-A3B0-642154F280DE.jpeg

To the edge of the clips:
D1CDB380-C585-41E9-AF25-C2A11392B109.jpegI

I’ve buried the old wheels under a load of stuff in the garage now so can’t measure them again but can say the only difference was the size of the clips. Visually you can see the difference when you put them side by side.

Hi Mac, Thanks again. I haven't pressed the buy button on anything yet (or even looked seriously) so this is yet more valuable data store away.

Currently rocking the Devonports on my T6 with 25mm spacer on rear and 20mm spacer on front.

View attachment 74120

This looks so damn good. How knew that some 25m spacers a decent drop would actuall make T6 / Devonports like cool !

@CRS Performance - can you please give us a break down on cost on the above. Keen to replicate this. Might not want 20's and all their downsides anymore on the basis of seeing this photo. Thanks

Cheers @Killo,

I've got Koni Sports shocks on all round with H&R Lowering springs fitted. Drop came down 50mm in the end.

Also got H&R Spacers fitted kicking the wheels out 25mm at the back and 20mm at the front.

All supplied and fitted by @CRS Performance
Looks nice. Interested in your thoughts on your New suspension Setup as I’m considering the same. What kind of ride difference were you hoping for? More comfort?
Were you on standard springs and shocks before?
Thanks!

Looks nice. Interested in your thoughts on your New suspension Setup as I’m considering the same. What kind of ride difference were you hoping for? More comfort?
Were you on standard springs and shocks before?
Thanks!
Hi, I've been really pleased with it. To be honest I was pretty happy with the comfort of the standard suspension the things I didn't like was the ride height and van roll in corners. This set up sorted both of those things and if anything has made it more comfortable. It's planted on the road now and has a more car like drive to it.

Hi, I've been really pleased with it. To be honest I was pretty happy with the comfort of the standard suspension the things I didn't like was the ride height and van roll in corners. This set up sorted both of those things and if anything has made it more comfortable. It's planted on the road now and has a more car like drive to it.
Amazing. Thank you!

Currently rocking the Devonports on my T6 with 25mm spacer on rear and 20mm spacer on front.

View attachment 74120

This look's so damn good. So good in fact that I might not bother getting new alloys. I have ordered the same kit from @CRS Performance.
The spacers seem to make a distinct difference. Completely fills to the arches and looks very purposeful. Any more photos welcome !?

View attachment 74120
At last... many thanks for this post / photo.. after going round and around with all the options this looks spot on.. I'd love to get some alloys but at present with work etc not doable but this looks great. I might go 40mm down as I have fill the back up with a bit of kit now and again.

Back