Team Bayleaf Green

Just been advised by VW Chelmsford that our new van should be with us for end of May. on schedule to be converted by end July. I will add before and after pics of course.

Agree with that comment, I think the ABT kit is disappointing for the 6.1 and Swiss have decided to turn theirs into a snow plough, sure there are others but I have to say dealing with Leighton's has been very straightforward and pleasure to deal with, their LV pack is spot on in my opinion as was the way they handled my business, right down to the prep before handover. A full days detailing using Angelwax products on a new van I'm pretty certain isn't the norm for most van suppliers out there.

I must also give Oli at Bognor Motors a shout, took the time to explain a few things when I first started looking and although I didn't purchase from them I know he will get some sort of future business out of me.

Last edited:
Im picking mine up on Saturday - same colour from them :)
Enjoy! My new bay leaf green van is being delivered at the end of may and I have a conversion slot with Cambridge campervans in July. Please send pics when you get it!!

A few additions this week
View attachment 86485
Rear spoiler. Tailgate handle colour coded
View attachment 86486
Gloss black front grill with a few select trim pieces colour coded.
View attachment 86487
gloss black side bars fitted and vehicle lowered on Eibach comfort springs. No weight at all in the rear so still sitting a touch high. However the ride is great.Hopefully get time to get the rear seats and flooring in next week to add some weight. Well chuffed so far!

Looks good ! - where/how did you get the Bay leaf green trim pieces colour coded for the grill?

Has been awhile, chopped in the Grey ‘bus’ for this beauty, absolutely love it. Big shout out to James Shaw at Leighton Vans. It’s a brilliant place to visit, the range there is amazing.

View attachment 109976
What’s the ride like on the 20s, us wheel arch clearance ok? I’m thinking of an LV fit too.

What’s the ride like on the 20s, us wheel arch clearance ok? I’m thinking of an LV fit too.
Pretty decent to be fair, have the springs that lower it by 40mm, a slight rub on full lock and a firmer ride but not harsh. The height is just about right for London roads, speed humps etc. They are lovely wheels, very happy with the Leighton setup.

Cheers. I not thinking of lowering mine...just fitting 20s. Might get LV to do the front grille though

I think it’ll look like it’s on stilts if you don’t lower it, the 40mm helps the wheels sit right in the arch IMO.

IMG_20210428_140354_665.jpg
Had to come on here to find some other Bay Leaf Greens - still haven't seen any others out on the road. Only picked her up a couple of weeks ago having ordered in mid February. Hoping to get some slightly bigger (possibly black steel) wheels, lowering a bit and thinking of Ovano or similar set up in the back.

Back