Team B14

DaveyB

Team White
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Time for a new Team to be set up I think, since so many are now taking great delight in having Bilstein B14's fitted to their pride and joy.

So come and join me by posting your favourite up close and personal picture of your new stance.

IMG_0046.JPG

I think are be doing the rims first @Fish then are sort some spacers for the ports ready for the winter. Any idea what size spacers are needed, cant fined the thread that i have read by another member who has them with standard rims. Are remember there name when im not thinking about it :rolleyes:

I have gone for 25mm front / 30mm rear.. but that depends on et etc.

Had another go at winding my rear end down a bit further again today. Just can't do it. Gonna have to find time to get it back up to TransporterHQ and get them to do it.

I am sure mark (mechanic) said you have to drop the shock off to get to do it, i may be wrong but i am sure he said that when we where talking about letting it settle for a week before we adjust the levels. I will ask Monday if you want @DaveyB ?

Last edited:
I sure mark (mechanic) said you have to drop the shock off to get to do it, i may be wrong but i am sure he said that when we where talking about letting it settle for a week before we adjust the levels. I will ask Monday if you want @DaveyB ?
@StudleyGlass, if you can find out how he does it that would be really helpful. Cheers.

Just want to bring the rears on mine down 10mm ish so that they balance with the fronts.

The thread pitch on the rear adjuster is 1.25mm - I reckon that's 8 full turns to back off to drop your 10mm

Agreed that you'll need to release the damper - the spring is under tension with the damper fitted and they are bloody stiff even without the leverage and weight of the suspension.

If there's an easy way to adjust them I'd love to know, I'm trying to find a clear weekend to fit my rear springs - reckon I need a few attempts to get the height just right.

Last edited:
Just to confirm to adjust the rear ride height you will need to drop the rear shock off to drop the arm down to get to the to adjusting rings.......so not a simple quick job, needs to go back up on the ramps really.

Thanks @Tom James, great to meet you and glad you enjoyed the drive home more than the drive to us.

@Pauly it's a really simple job - Unplug the electrical connectors, remove the shocks as per normal, and then plug the KW DCC delete kit in, and tie them out of the way. We scanned it afterwards to check for any faults - None there. The button on the dash still illuminates as if its still working.

We are really pleased with how Tom's van turned out. The Generation 6 is a stunning vehicle, and now even more so :)

Last edited:
Back