I can’t stop looking at the ABT parts...

I’m thinking Of taking the plunge at some point next year, only front and sides mind you.

How good a fit are the abt parts and how straight forward are they to fit?

Last edited:
I fitted the front splitter myself with the help of a friend, its deffo a 2 man job and not a 5 minute one.
you will obviously need the parts sprayed beforehand. i think the quality is good and is a 9 out of 10 in terms of how well the front splitter fitted.
You will need 2 tubes of Tiger seal, some chemical e.g. thinners to carefully remove the excess sealant along the joints once in position (do not wait until it is hard as you will not get it off then)
A roll of sturdy kitchen wipe i.e., Regina Blitz, a roll of duck tape and a couple of hand clamps with plastic ends won't go a miss either,
Dry fit the 3 sections first by sticking in place with duck tape to make sure you know where it goes and how well it fits, if need be put a couple of marker pen lines for later reference. then remove and apply the adhesive about the thickness of a standard pencil (not the pencil line but the pencil itself) to the edges as per the instruction manual. let the tubes heat up a little if too cold as they will be easier to control. offer up the main panel and stick in place and apply duck tape to stop it moving then position the other 2 panels and when your happy scrape off any residue adhesive with something plastic that won't scratch the paint and with a soft cloth soaked in thinners wipe along the joints and remove residue with the kitchen roll.You will have to unstick the duck tape and restick it as you go. This is the messy bit but take your time and it will pay dividends . Go for it and good luck.

@davmil thanks for the above. You make it sound so simple, so the large lower section doesn't have any mechanical fixings at the rear or underneath, everything is just bonded on?

Thats correct, no fixings at all apart from the adhesive. You won't be able to get it apart once it has set to its rubberised state, which incidentally needs to be left for ideally 24 hours before removing the duck tape.

Must say I do like the front bumper. But reckon it would be even nicer if everything was blended to lose the lines.

If going with genuine abt it comes with full fitting instructions.

Sand the front splitters back to bare pu where applying the glue.

Don't use thinners to wipe excess of. Use a solvent degreaser. 3 man job for the front. 2 to hold in position and one to apply making tape to secure.
Rear is even worse to fit but does come with fixing to secure. It's so flexible it moves. The side skirts are very easy.

I used elch p1 adhesive.

Thanks for all the advice...

Did I read somewhere that richter sports can supply painted or do they only offer a supply and fit service?

Well, that didn't last as long as I hoped.
:cry:

Thanks to a young lady who managed to miss the rumble strips and several give way signs and drove straight across a give way at a cross roads.. :speechless:

IMG_20180613_091332.jpg

Back