Well, that didn't last as long as I hoped.
:cry:

Thanks to a young lady who managed to miss the rumble strips and several give way signs and drove straight across a give way at a cross roads.. :speechless:

View attachment 25690
Oh no. Hope you are all ok @MicP.

What’s the prognosis for the van? Sorry to say but since I can see both front airbags detonated, its more than likely the insurance company will write it off. Repairers just don’t want to fanny about taking whole dashes out and replace them. So they hike the price up so they don’t get the work.

Doesn’t look as though it was too high a speed impact. Had you managed to scrub a lot of the speed off before impact? Did you t-bone her?

Gutted for you though.

Yes thank you, we both walked out fortunately.
Just a bent thumb and burn from the air bag for me. The young lady had some muscular back pain and has been off work for a bit. Just glad it wasn't worse, we both got off very lightly considering.

It's taken over a month but they've agreed to pay what I paid for it, just a shame I can't find a similar van for the money now!

Yes those airbag burns are a great little tell tale sign of who was really driving when people are stood on the side of the road claiming they were just passengers who had hitch-hiked and the person driving has done a runner!
Yeah right.

That’s the problem with insurance isn’t it. Even if they give you a reasonable pay-out you can then never replace your actual vehicle.

Oh no. Hope you are all ok @MicP.

What’s the prognosis for the van? Sorry to say but since I can see both front airbags detonated, its more than likely the insurance company will write it off. Repairers just don’t want to fanny about taking whole dashes out and replace them. So they hike the price up so they don’t get the work.

Doesn’t look as though it was too high a speed impact. Had you managed to scrub a lot of the speed off before impact? Did you t-bone her?

Gutted for you though.

No, I hit the brakes a fraction of a second before I hit her, a straight country lane so I was easily doing 40, probably closer to 50. You can see the junction in the back ground, foot buried to the floor and that's where I stopped! They are tough vans!
Here's a pic of her festa..

IMG_20180613_094142.jpg

No, I hit the brakes a fraction of a second before I hit her, a straight country lane so I was easily doing 40, probably closer to 50. You can see the junction in the back ground, foot buried to the floor and that's where I stopped! They are tough vans!

View attachment 25692
Bloomin heck. Good job she didn’t have anyone in the nearside passenger or rear. The intrusion into the passenger cell would likely have killed them if not very significant injuries, your front end must have gone 2ft inside her car.

That’s the problem with side impacts, there is just no deformation room like there is with front or rear.

View attachment 25692
Gutted for you but thankfully you all came out un scathed. As no-one was hurt, I have to ask.
Do you think @Tourershine could polish that out ?

So team, as I need to re paint my Sportline spoiler I am considering the ABT instead.

How are all of yours fairing up against kerb rash and stone chips?

Back