Team 4Motion.

I have a 4motion SWB Kombi on brand new Nokian Weatherproofs and standard suspension. I help a local farmer who also processes and sells logs, in return for free logs. As a result I often go off road and with the recent wet weather I have been incredibly impressed at how capable the van is. Until September I had a Landrover and of course the van is not as capable in the mud, but it has exceeded my expectations. I don't have a diff lock and I expected that to be a problem but so far it has not been.

I have no idea where that is?
It's the mountain road between Dinas Mawddwy and Bala, 4miles out of Dinas.
Its the old testing road for Ford cars brakes.

Could you be a bit more specific please? Be grateful f you could point it out on a map screenshot.

If anyone doubts the ability of these vans to go anywhere, we have just returned from crossing the Northern Route across Mongolia with ours. We are lifted, with uprated Seikel suspension, armoured underneath with steel (6) wheels, Goodrich All Terrain tyres and a rear winch. You can find some of the details on “Start of Serious Engineering “ The van was brilliant.
P.S. the later pictures show it following a respray two tone Black/Silver on our return.

690B4937-EC7D-4C82-B834-BDB8BDC5D7E7.jpeg

46B6EC43-572C-457A-B6F1-BEEDC90FB734.jpeg

3F9D189E-D68B-4CAF-91C8-92FCE3DD4002.jpeg

41FAF72E-A8DC-46D7-B8FA-7ABAF989D943.jpeg

1EA7D9AF-C26E-41CB-843E-1570CF940EB3.jpeg

CADEA85F-241B-4EE9-9467-706DDEEDB054.jpeg

If anyone doubts the ability of these vans to go anywhere, we have just returned from crossing the Northern Route across Mongolia with ours. We are lifted, with uprated Seikel suspension, armoured underneath with steel (6) wheels, Goodrich All Terrain tyres and a rear winch. You can find some of the details on “Start of Serious Engineering “ The van was brilliant.
P.S. the later pictures show it following a respray two tone Black/Silver on our return.

Is the rear winch the "thing" on the towbar ?
Where did you get it ?

Yes the winch is the thing in the centre of the bumper, that you now can’t see very well as it has its own cover. It’s made by a company called Rhino, has a 3,000lbs pull and you can find loads of them on e bay. Ours has its own separate battery under the drivers seat that can also be used to jump start the van if needed.

B8640DEA-F17A-46FB-90FF-54B5C2C75F11.jpeg

Cool, and the additional "Bumper" that holds the Winch and the Spare Wheel ? Self made ?

The bumper was made by a fabricator called Damon Hughes, an absolutely great guy, who took my sketchy drawings and a couple of photos and made the whole unit. Sadly he has been forced to close down his workshop because people weren’t paying their bills, very sad.

Back