Team 4Motion.

Here’s my 4Motion.....
Are these actually any good off-road?

View attachment 47698
Mines pretty good in the mud but I’m running standard suspension and have AT tyres. I also have diff lock. I guess the lifted ones are better still due to more clearance. I’m not sure I’d want to take a lowered bus with a spoiler onto anything more than a bit of wet grass!

Agreed, 4motion works like a beast. Got mine stuck in a proper hole but got her out with a bit of wrangling. Didn't even engage the diff lock.

Im running standard suspension and am planning a lift plus AT tyres.

4motion was great on snow too plus makes it so sure footed when wet.

Agreed, 4motion works like a beast. Got mine stuck in a proper hole but got her out with a bit of wrangling. Didn't even engage the diff lock.

Im running standard suspension and am planning a lift plus AT tyres.

4motion was great on snow too plus makes it so sure footed when wet.
I picked a 4Motion for the bad weather and any sticky situations on and off farm land nothing major......any off-roading is done in the defender

At the pub tonight was a couple in a brand new special edition defender, no 1 of only 150 works V8 with the jaguar SVR 5.5 twin supercharged and 8 speed zf box.
What a beast.

At the pub tonight was a couple in a brand new special edition defender, no 1 of only 150 works V8 with the jaguar SVR 5.5 twin supercharged and 8 speed zf box.
What a beast.
Wow. Did you have to lend them some beer money? Did they tell you how much they paid for one of those?

Wow. Did you have to lend them some beer money? Did they tell you how much they paid for one of those?
I thought it rude to ask, it was brand spanking...

... a quick google later... oh err 160K

Last edited:
I thought it rude to ask, it was brand spanking...

... a quick google later... oh err 160K
That’s what I mean,

I understand the collectors point of view and all of that but still, £160k for basically a defender with a special badge on! You can get SRV crate engines fitted for less than £20k!

More money than sense some people though hey. I think we’d all love no sense still :)

I have no idea where that is?
It's the mountain road between Dinas Mawddwy and Bala, 4miles out of Dinas.
Its the old testing road for Ford cars brakes.

Back