Taking off the grill and bumper?

paulfr

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Got Travenlite head lamps,Dlr's and a spliter to hopefully get done this weekend.Now i've watched a few video's on taking off the front but some start from the battery and grill and some start from the wheel arches is there a best way to do this?

Take all fasteners out it won't fall off it clips on too.

Put a blanket or rug down under/in front of van, a 2nd pair of hands helps.

Gently ease away and lay on the blanket while you unclip the fogs.

You have to pull at it like you are trying to break it to get the clips across the front to release. There's no chance of it falling off with even with all the fasteners taken out.

Gave it a go at the weekend,but couldn't get(or even see) the fastenings on the inside of the wheel arches.Any recomendations?

Gave it a go at the weekend,but couldn't get(or even see) the fastenings on the inside of the wheel arches.Any recomendations?
At the outside edge or the ones in the centre of the arch?

Did you put the wheels on full lock? Gives you enough room.

The torx screws are easy enough but the outside and centre clips are a complete b*****d to get out, you'll probably break the centre ones. They are clear in the THQ video, have another look?

Edit: just to be clear, by centre I mean halfway across the width of the arch, towards the inside, and on the front face. They are easy to find as they dip inwards towards the front of the van.

I was starting to do the drivers side and put the wheel's on full lock towards me (if that makes sence!).Got all of the Torx screws out no problem,peeled the wheel arch cover off as shown in the THQ video but can't find the thing's that attach the plastic to the metal!May have to go in with a torch tommorow afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
At the outside edge or the ones in the centre of the arch?

Did you put the wheels on full lock? Gives you enough room.

The torx screws are easy enough but the outside and centre clips are a complete b*****d to get out, you'll probably break the centre ones. They are clear in the THQ video, have another look?

Edit: just to be clear, by centre I mean halfway across the width of the arch, towards the inside, and on the front face. They are easy to find as they dip inwards towards the front of the van.
It's the one at 1 minute on the THQ video.....I've got the whole weekend off now so hopefully can make some progress!

Reactions: CAB
It's the one at 1 minute on the THQ video.....I've got the whole weekend off now so hopefully can make some progress!
If it's the Trim clip they show at 0:50 it is a bugger to get off - they use a metal trim tool, and I ended up using a flat-blade screwdriver, then tearing it out with a pair of long handled plier things (can you tell I have a desk job :slow rofl: ). It was totally destroyed but it didn't seem to cause any issues not having it in.

If you mean the torx screws along the edge, I seem to recall the middle one being a bit obstinate to put back in, and the top one needs to be in the correct place when you refit, I think I have bent mine somehow so when I bought some more trim clips the one in the Arch wouldn't line up!

Got Travenlite head lamps,Dlr's and a spliter to hopefully get done this weekend.Now i've watched a few video's on taking off the front but some start from the battery and grill and some start from the wheel arches is there a best way to do this?

So after alot of swearing i managed to get one side of the bumper off and the other side took about 5 minutes(when i knew what i was doing!Got the new lights fitted and suprisingly working!Only thing is there is a bulb error coming up now.Not a biggie ,but annoying.Is it posible to clear this with carista?Thank's for all of your help!20210328_132353.jpg20210328_132405.jpg

I may be wrong but I think you will need Vcds to switch off the bulb warning utility. You might be able to reset it with Carista but it will just come back again....
....someone will be along shortly to correct me.

Back