Tailgate spoiler lightbar

Strettyp

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've had a search on here and on Google but not seen one of these and wondered if it's a thing

I would like to add some additional rear lighting for reversing as I find the light from the reversing lights a bit puny, and also so that when on a campsite etc I can have some additional light on the back if needed - I recently arrived at a campsite at dusk and it would have been super handy to have some additional light round the back

Has anyone seen something like this, or made their own by attaching a strip of led lights to the underside of an existing spoiler and connecting to the feed ?

Surprised to see no replies to this, there's usually someone who will make a suggestion of how you might do this, at least. maybe try posting something similar again?
I'd be interested too, as even with LED lamps, the reversing lights are piss-poor (and that's being kind). :)

An LED tape strip would work well for some ambient light around the back of the van, but I doubt it would give the reach you'd want for maneuvering.

I've used LED Autolamps on some trailers and they are nice kit, possibly the strip reversing light with one of the surrounds might work - I think they are used in some motorhomes as door/awning lights - but again it's only 2w so may not have reach.

An LED tape strip would work well for some ambient light around the back of the van, but I doubt it would give the reach you'd want for maneuvering.

I've used LED Autolamps on some trailers and they are nice kit, possibly the strip reversing light with one of the surrounds might work - I think they are used in some motorhomes as door/awning lights - but again it's only 2w so may not have reach.

That looks like it might fit into the spoilers which I've not got round to fitting yet... Thanks.

Back