Tailgate live

Primey

VIP Member
Hi all!

Having done a full camper conversion on my T6 I've now decided I want switchable down lights on the inside of the tailgate.

I've been looking for a permanent live to tap into on the factory loom as the units/pop top are going to be an issue for running my own live through to them.

Has anyone managed to find one, or have an alternative suggestion for getting a live in the tailgate?

Cheers!

There is an ignition live at the wiper motor

There is an ignition live at the wiper motor
Now that's interesting - would you care to expand on which/where?!

Might use that for a little idea I have!!!

Thanks in advance

The power for the rear wiper, barn door and rear lid is fed from terminal 75x which is live when the ignition is on however it does power down on cranking the engine. Fed from SC25. It's a Green/black trace wire which you'll find in the black 17 pin connector near the left D pillar on the rear left roof frame. As the cables pass through the bellows they'll all be white. Pin 4 on the motor

The power for the rear wiper, barn door and rear lid is fed from terminal 75x which is live when the ignition is on however it does power down on cranking the engine. Fed from SC25. It's a Green/black trace wire which you'll find in the black 17 pin connector near the left D pillar on the rear left roof frame. As the cables pass through the bellows they'll all be white. Pin 4 on the motor
Legend - TVM

Back