Tailgate Conversion Brackets

Littleblackflash

Auto Engineer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've converted my van from barn doors to a tailgate and I need some brackets for the gas struts.

Over a month ago I ordered and paid for some at Vagnostics, but I've never recieved my parts. They are not returning my call, answering emails so I need to order some from somewhere else.

Does anyone else make the conversion brackets?

@Littleblackflash you probably know this but VW will sell you their tailgate brackets - as I had the Vagnostics brackets I never looked in to how they’d fit.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd add on to this one.
I'm considering a barn door to tailgate swap (even though I love the practicality aspect of the twin doors).
Are there any other sources for these strut brackets or is it now oem via VW? How do they fit?

Also where's the best place to look for a tailgate, not much on eBay. Breakers maybe?

@Littleblackflash
@Fish
@Ads_Essex

Cheers!

This thread is old, but having seen these, thought it may be beneficial to share details:

BADE0EF0-AA15-43CF-8563-8380C6221FDF.jpeg
8BBE6FE1-3A06-4453-A5DA-0A529467C23B.jpeg

They look the same as mine and work well. To complete the thread, Vagnostic did supply mine in the end. There are only a small one man company and just got swamped with work.

This thread is old, but having seen these, thought it may be beneficial to share details:

View attachment 165943
View attachment 165944

View attachment 165943
View attachment 165944
I used these brackets on our tailgate conversion and they are excellent quality. Recommended.

Back