Tail-lamp swap - wiring connectors

M4rc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good morning

In the process of tailgate conversion on T6.
The lights I’ve fitted are LED. The connectors are different to my existing. Is there a loom I can buy? I have an experienced auto electrician coming next week to sort everything else. Just want to make sure I have everything he need ready? TIA

4A90CA3E-D3BB-4597-91A8-0DE072C39BB0.jpeg

6C416D75-9629-4860-924F-E4A2BAD81D99.jpeg

as above you can buy the alternative plugs and swap the wires over pretty cheaply or buy the conversion looms online nut always seem a bit expensive for what they are

as above you can buy the alternative plugs and swap the wires over pretty cheaply or buy the conversion looms online nut always seem a bit expensive for what they are
Thank you, this really helps. Can I take the connector off my old lights and fit on the new? Saves buying anything?

Thank you! Extremely helpful

yes if you have the correct connector then no reason you cant swap it
I recommend the laser 3932 tool for pin removal, you can get them on ebay for less than a tenner

Dont rush it, go gentle, if you yank the wires and get the barbs stuck its a real PITA

Hey Gents, Does anyone have the part codes for the opposite connectors for this process? the 6x1 long to connect to the van end and the 3x2 stubby for the light end?
I think I will make an adaptor rather than de-pin. It'll be a giggle!

Back