T6 Wing Mirror Noise - Is It A Cause For Concern

whatayecee

My first post in these forums, so hello to all.

I bought a conversion a few months ago, not the best experience so far as it looks like the quality control is lacking a little.

My main concern at the moment is that when folding the wing mirrors in and out the driver side one is making a noise which can be seen in this video - Mark Brown on Twitter - I understand it's a second hand vehicle and maybe I'm just being too picky. That being said it's a 67 plate (registered 02/18), only had done 5000 miles.

There are other issues but this is the one I'm wondering about currently... I did raise this with the conversion company and while they fixed other issues they also fixed the noise previously by applying grease to it which I knew wouldn't fix it. When we got the van the same wing mirror had scuffs on the rim and the caps on both sides catches were broken, so it's obviously been hit before. So my worry is the wing mirror is actually bent and that's what's causing the noise...

What do you think, am I over reacting, should I put up with it or do you think the entire wing mirror needs replacing?

I love my van... but it's been more of a headache than a joy thus far...

Last edited:
Cant see the video with out a onedrive account....

Can you post elsewhere?

Welcome to T6F BTW

Hmm.. sounds like some plastic binding somewhere..

It's under warranty so I would give it to VW and ask them to take a look at it.

Its normally the van centres.....

You could call the car shop and ask them.

If not try a different dealer.

Back