T6 various faults and concerns

shireshrop

Hi All,

First post..

I have had from new a T6 LWB KOMBI HIGHLINE 150 LED lights, stereo with CarPlay (can't remember the model) but it doesn't have in built satnav. it doesn't have its own usb, you use the vehicles own. Comfort dash.

I have been in contact with vw customer care loads, had case managers. Some of the vans faults have been fixed but I have been left with some unsolved. Feel that the build quality isn't the same as my first T5 and also the T5.1 which have for work. It is booked in for another day which they will have a look at it again, but I do not have much optimism for them finding a fix.

SO the current faults. Which have been here from new, and do not seem to coincide with anything.

Window wipers stick on mid screen when its raining, have had the motor replaced under warranty, and it looks like the linkages have been greased also. Still intermittently sticks on. I have video'd this whilst driving and they still do not recognise as a fault. Only way to clear it is recycle power, by turning ignition off and on. Not exactly great.

Stereo intermittent turns off whilst on phone, locks up. It has done this various phones, it locks up with a really loud audible warning. Really crap. I've had a replacement stereo which was running hot and doing the same problems. The replacement is not running as hot, but still locks up.

I've plugged the van in to a code reader the other day for curiosity.

Have the following faults which have been reset.

p012100 throttle position sensor

u101900 instrument cluster control module

p060600 ecm/pcm processor

door closing condition 03304

Any ideas would be very welcome. Apologies that my first post is one with the above content.

Many thanks

Hi All,

First post..

I have had from new a T6 LWB KOMBI HIGHLINE 150 LED lights, stereo with CarPlay (can't remember the model) but it doesn't have in built satnav. it doesn't have its own usb, you use the vehicles own. Comfort dash.

I have been in contact with vw customer care loads, had case managers. Some of the vans faults have been fixed but I have been left with some unsolved. Feel that the build quality isn't the same as my first T5 and also the T5.1 which have for work. It is booked in for another day which they will have a look at it again, but I do not have much optimism for them finding a fix.

SO the current faults. Which have been here from new, and do not seem to coincide with anything.

Window wipers stick on mid screen when its raining, have had the motor replaced under warranty, and it looks like the linkages have been greased also. Still intermittently sticks on. I have video'd this whilst driving and they still do not recognise as a fault. Only way to clear it is recycle power, by turning ignition off and on. Not exactly great.

Stereo intermittent turns off whilst on phone, locks up. It has done this various phones, it locks up with a really loud audible warning. Really crap. I've had a replacement stereo which was running hot and doing the same problems. The replacement is not running as hot, but still locks up.

I've plugged the van in to a code reader the other day for curiosity.

Have the following faults which have been reset.

p012100 throttle position sensor

u101900 instrument cluster control module

p060600 ecm/pcm processor

door closing condition 03304

Any ideas would be very welcome. Apologies that my first post is one with the above content.

Many thanks
Welcome, you don't have to apologise, you shouldn't be having these problems!!!!
I'm afraid I'm not able to help with the problems you have but others might, you shouldn't let VW off the hook here but your options might depend on how old the vehicle is, and any warranty you have. Wipers that stop working are a safety issue and can't be ignored.

Welcome, you don't have to apologise, you shouldn't be having these problems!!!!
I'm afraid I'm not able to help with the problems you have but others might, you shouldn't let VW off the hook here but your options might depend on how old the vehicle is, and any warranty you have. Wipers that stop working are a safety issue and can't be ignored.
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. Yes your right, the vehicle was picked up brand new March 2019.

As you are still within the warranty period you are in a strong position, I suggest you remain insistent that they solve these problems, you say it is booked in for another day, you have to give them the opportunity to resolve the issues but please keep us informed as to how they get on.

As a Safety Engineer, I would say that the wiper problem is a Safety issue making the vehicle unsafe to drive in the rain! You can’t always stop safely to recycle the ignition either.
In my mind, that alone would make it unfit for purpose, as you cannot safely use it if it looks like rain.

As a Safety Engineer, I would say that the wiper problem is a Safety issue making the vehicle unsafe to drive in the rain! You can’t always stop safely to recycle the ignition either.
In my mind, that alone would make it unfit for purpose, as you cannot safely use it if it looks like rain.
HI Shaun, many thanks for the feedback.

Back