T6 Shuttle Se - Lashing Points Missing - Need To Add Some?

CaptainZag

T6 Pro
Please take it easy on me - I've only had my first ever T6 a week and maybe asking some daft questions?

I thought the T6 Shuttle had 8 lashing points, but 2 of mine are missing on the near side (NS2 and NS3). I have just noticed something a little strange about my T6 LWB shuttle. There are 2 lashing points at the back, 2 fairly close together on the OffSide O/S middle, behind the middle row of seats, but not 2 on the NearSide n/s of the vehicle (marked as NS2 and NS3) NS2 and NS3 are missing?

My O/S looks like this looking from the sliding door back:

My N/S looks like this looking from the sliding door back:

I'm planning to fit a kombi-type bed and assume I'll need 1 or 2 of these lashing points in place.

Are they easy to fit (just lift the carpet and the mounting holes will be there with threads already!)?
Why are they missing?
Is this usual?

I've seen them 2nd hand on eBay, so I know I can get hold of them, but why are they missing?

The main question is above, but I also seem to have 4 extra seat brackets/mounts on the N/S rear row of seats (as a photo of N/S above, but have a 3 seater bench seat - so not sure why I have these?

Thank you for your kind offer. I ended up buying a couple on eBay. I’ll tackle trying to fit them both on Saturday. I will also try and remove 2 seat mounting brackets from the 3rd row of seats, as they’ll be in the way of the mounting points. Thanks again.

I’ve got a LWB Shuttle and mine is the same, no forward lashing points on the NS.

under the rear bench seat there are extra floor mounts, this would allow you to put two single seats in the rear rather than the full bench.

It is possible to put in a 4th row of seats in the LWB Shuttle, if you look at the roof lining there are an extra set of grab handles. However to classify as an MPV the Shuttle is limited to 9 seats total (driver plus 8 passengers), so you are unlikely to see the 4th row in the UK is my understanding. If you did have the 4th row you would only have two single seats in row 3 hence the floor mount configuration.

Thank you for sharing that. It makes sense now you mention it. Although, the 3rd row has only 6 seat brackets in the floor - which puzzled me, as I thought you needed 4 seat brackets per seat. Anyway, fingers crossed and my 3rd row 2 seat brackets should be removed and the 2 new lashing points installed by the end of Saturday. Then I’ll need to order my Kombi-type bed!

Thank you for sharing that. It makes sense now you mention it. Although, the 3rd row has only 6 seat brackets in the floor - which puzzled me, as I thought you needed 4 seat brackets per seat. Anyway, fingers crossed and my 3rd row 2 seat brackets should be removed and the 2 new lashing points installed by the end of Saturday. Then I’ll need to order my Kombi-type bed!
How did you get on with adding the lashing points ? Was it straight forward ? We have a SWB Shuttle and we are looking to buy a T6 LWB and would like to transfer our Exploria bed but all shuttles now seem to have the seat fixing on the NS.

For anyone else who's wondering, the threaded holes are still there in the floor on the LWB Shuttle but just with a plastic screw in them for protection.

IMG_20220620_174939.jpg

Back