T6 rough idle when cold

seeing as you said on the OP that you have a driveability/running concern.

and have 90K + on the clock.

id be looking at the EGR clean / replacement

whats the history on the van?

had it from new? - any idea on the previous work that's been done on it?

FSH till when? - what after that?

has timing belt etc been done yet etc etc

that might give an idea on how the van has been looked after. . . . . and if the EGR has been cleaned/flushed before.

some users with low local millage have had EGR clean/flush every 6mnths.

This wouldn't make the van run rough when cold

Drivable not a problem pulls like a train just the fault code the rough idle on cold start and the loud turbo stall flutter when revenge at standstill

You could take it to VW for a diagnostic session. ..

They will charge you, but at least you will a better idea of what the problem.

@mmi

Any ideas on vcds scan or block measurements that might show anything up?

Reactions: mmi
I have the sister van to this ie same engine I have checked pretty much all live data on tickover and foot down on standstill all pretty much the same I work on fords mainly I have done software updates and have had some good results wondered if it's the same with may need a ecu update

When was it last in VW for work?

You can call your local dealer with the reg or vin and check to see if there are any outstanding software update.

The last one I knew of was relating to the dpf Regen and adblue.

Can you get it on video?

Post a link to the video on here.?

Not really much to see on video just the engine running Rough
Till warm wi try the vw software update

I'm missing something what is this forum for I used a register vcds to read the vehicle I used a app on my phone to get vehicle details whats amusing

I would like Dellmassive to elaborate to his reply not the one where he says go to vw dealer for a diagnostic but the one about the mechanics laptop

It was just a comment on your laptop having a few car diagnostic shortcuts on your desktop. It was just an observation mate.

No worries.
Just to confirm what's already been mentioned, the fault code is pointing to a blocked EGR. Your 3 options are replace EGR, a VW EGR flush or get it mapped out.
That will clear the fault code and maybe resolve the lumpy idle on cold, but there are no guarantees it will resolve the lumpy idle, just that it will fix the fault code.

Back