T6 Remap, Lowered And Insurance

well i tried to change my current car insurance over to the van but they dont do that so.....

after reading this thread it appeared to me that brentacre were worth a punt.

straight through on the phone very knowledgable and informed staff the other end, took my details with minimum fuss, explained that i could modify certain areas with no increase and gave me my quote.

Now we are all different, and quotes can obviously vary.

if i say so myself i am fortunate that my details are about as good as it can get for insurance (touches wood) and for a 27000 van full protected comprehensive under 400 quid

could of been less than 300 if i didn't protect the no claims etc etc

hth

I have a modded T5 and a Nissan Navara with Brentacre both with business use and pay around the £450 mark each. I like the fact with my T5 when i was modding it the premium didnt go up you just had to tell them what mods you had done and that was it. You can also drive other vehicles third party which is handy. When i get my T6 next week that will be going through them to.

When I spoke to Brentacre they required a Tracker fitted due to value..... how's everyone getting around that with Brentacre????

@Walski I got the same response from Brentacre £730 to insure & £700 cat 5 tracker that needs a £189 per yer subscription. 16k a year mileage of which 7.5k is business. That's all crazy.

High spec 204 Kombi 4 motion, on non VW supplied mod is 18 inch alloys.

Confused.com gave quote starting at 450 per year, no tracker.
Current car insurer gave a quot of about £350 no tracker (not sure I specified business use).

At least with your quote I don't feel like I am the only one.

@SkyMonster sorry they didn't.

I have just insured with Privilege (current insurers of my car).
I had to be persistent to ensure they had the correct van details, they had lots of Transporters but none matched 100%.
Was asked which was the closet which seems v bad to me and could result in invalid cover.
After telling them this they put me on hold and an underwriter created a new entry with my spec.

Price 410 per year.

However this is a market price policy if the worst happens they will asses the current value, I suspect I would be short changed on the value of the extras (both factory fitted and after market). I am not sure but I think Brentacre's policy was based on the the true value, minus depreciation.

Anyway you pays your money and takes your chances.

I used Safeguard with the caravan and they were excellent in sorting out a claim we had...paid out really quickly and no quibbling over the one quote we got.

I just swapped my Nissan Navara cover with Brentacre over to a T6 with Sportline wheels and said the wheels didnt make any difference and no more to pay. I have full business insurence cover at £450.

Back