T6 power fold mirror bracket bent

Anyone got any further advice / info? My power fold mirror is now in a very odd position and not possible to get it back to where it should be 2790D82A-346E-4AC6-849E-5405667B796A.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: JOG
how did you do that? It’s like the motor over-wound the “fold”. It might need a good ol’ twist back to where it should be. I presume the other mirror is working fine?

how did you do that? It’s like the motor over-wound the “fold”. It might need a good ol’ twist back to where it should be. I presume the other mirror is working fine?
Other mirror working fine, might have been clipped by a passing vehicle or something came loose inside?
Doesn’t want to move back to where it was - all electric still work fine but not very useful as a mirror at this angle!

Are there any diagrams or parts list or such like for this area of the van on the forum? Thanks

My driver’s side mirror was smashed by a fool in a hire van a few weeks ago - I got a replacement unit from Vanstyle for £150

Anyone got any further advice / info? My power fold mirror is now in a very odd position and not possible to get it back to where it should be
Does it still rotate from that position when you fold the mirrors? There's a clutch in the motor gearbox that allows 180 degrees of rotation if the mirror is whacked. Try turning the mirror clockwise: the spring pressing the 2 parts of clutch together is strong and it takes a lot of effort to turn them to allow the plates to separate and move.

Does it still rotate from that position when you fold the mirrors? There's a clutch in the motor gearbox that allows 180 degrees of rotation if the mirror is whacked. Try turning the mirror clockwise: the spring pressing the 2 parts of clutch together is strong and it takes a lot of effort to turn them to allow the plates to separate and move.
Everything works still, still rotates if push button to fold mirror up but yes not in the correct position. If if can be reset as you say will b great.

Got this sorted - very helpful & friendly people at VWauditec
Vwauditec, Essex

The guy pushed mirror back into position and then checked that the power fold worked fine and all good! He said that sometimes a pin snaps and the mirror doesn’t know when to stop when folding up but didn’t have that issue!

Reactions: CAB
Back