T6 ordered today

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
well, after exploring the idea of aT6 at the start of January but not placing an order I had an unexpected call from the dealer on Wednesday with a cancelled order, the van is almost the spec I wanted accept two things...

No LED headlights
No front sensors and reverse camera

It's a very good deal and I can have the van in 3 weeks time and avoid the 6 months wait...

I notice that the camera can be retrofitted, and I can live without front sensors. however, my biggest concern is the lack of LED headlamps, the dealer has suggested I could fit xenon aftermarket lamps, like those from HIDs4U. Has anyone gone this route? The thought of a 3 week wait vs 6 months and a significant cost reduction is swaying me to sign the paperwork this morning.

I'm hoping someone will bring out a retrofit unit with led in the next year, is this realistic?

Cheers

Paul

Dealer retrofitted the factory Camera and Front sensors for me at a total of £250 - some VW 'Goodwill' apparently. They are spot on, no issues.

However, the H4 are poor so I would personally wait (and I have H4's!). If he was a smart salesman he could upgrade the units to H7, apparently this gets done in Germany - not seen it in the UK yet.

You can't put the xenon's in the H4 units - that's bad advice. However there is someone working on an upgraded H4 headlight, but the cost that he suggested to me will be in the £1K region (Projector Lamp and LED Indicator).

I would either wait for your exact spec, or give the dealer a massive 'body blow' and get him to reduce the price further!

Thank you all for the advice, I've signed the paperwork and the van is due second week of March, I'll take the risk on the H4's. I've battered the dealer on the price so that it will leave enough for a conversion (H7 or aftermarket) at some point in the future...

It is obvious that there is an issue with the H4 lights but if the deal was right for you then best to go for it. There will be an upgrade I am sure at some point and I have managed with the H4's in the 3 weeks I've had mine although I haven't really been down any dark country roads with them yet.

Dealer has confirmed delivery for this Friday, only 4 more sleeps...

Time to start working on the list of mods...

Back