T6: OEM speaker wiring config - wiring/crossovers/resistors etc

RobFlynn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
About to get my first Transporter so totally new to wiring etc. and expect it may be a bit different to 90's Golfs (or maybe not)!

How are the door and A pillar speakers wired – is it a separate feed from the head unit or is it one set of wires that are then split to each speaker, and is there a resister on the A pillar speaker as an alternative to having crossovers?

Thanks

They are wired in parallel to the door speakers and have a capacitor across the terminals to act as a high pass filter

Thanks @Deaky. Nothing has moved on since the 90's then! Except for my brain that now seems to get capacitors and resistors mixed up!
Am I right in thinking that VCDS will be required for the addition rear speakers on a Kombi, or is there a difference depending on OEM system install, year, etc?

Thanks @Deaky. Nothing has moved on since the 90's then! Except for my brain that now seems to get capacitors and resistors mixed up!
Am I right in thinking that VCDS will be required for the addition rear speakers on a Kombi, or is there a difference depending on OEM system install, year, etc?
You only need VCDS if you want to activate the fader control on your head unit. The rear speakers will work without doing this.

Back