T6 meet?

I'm happy to go anywhere, ideally I won't have to go through the Dartford crossing!

I think keep it simple and central ish, start small and let the word spread. If we can find a field and a easygoing farmerer (or we could pikey it and just turn up on a council playing field?) W we would get at least 14 days stay FOC and there's no problems with a camp fire!!

if its just T6's then interested parties can put locations up and take it from there..

Perhaps VW could organise a T6 event as it is a current model. Then we could piggy back on that because they would like to have us there?

A more likely scenario is that we could persuade VW to piggy back our event of its good enough etc.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if we pick an event next year ie an established show somewhere central then the forum block books camping/tickets and we have a mini meet within a meet
Will give us an idea of who's interested etc
If I'm honest, if we go solo for a meet and the 'forum' organises it then the 'forum' (me) is liable for it and insurance etc would be required and I'm not getting into that at this stage in time so things will need to be a bit more casual atm which is why I think the above suggestion would work - question is what event
I will have a look tonight and pick a couple likely candidates

Absolutely agree @Pauly - lets all go to someone else's event. Responsibility theirs - fun ours.

Busfest gets my vote every time.

Perhaps a good guy to talk to might be Jason Hill, Events Manager, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. He will know what events VW are supporting and might be very pleased to have us along?

If folk want to meet somewhere or group camp they they can do so as mates who just happen to know each other through the forum.

As I caught up on this thread my thoughts were:

a) getting VW to support sounds a biggie..... Even if they did we might then run into delays due to grass being too green, sun being too round etc etc :):):whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

b) if I'm to persuade Mrs Walski that camping with 'my new mates from the forum' is a winner it might need to end with a sentence better than .... "just in a council field like the 'pikeys' do :):):););)

Seriously though, I think @Pauly suggestion is a good one, no extra burden on him and we can leverage facilities at a show. Busfest seems like an obvious one.....

Reactions: Rob
The Berkeley Castle VW Show is on the 25th, I was marshalling there last year and the organiser is pretty laid back (not quite disorganised) and happy to reserve an area for clubs..

Anyone attending?

We don't have our Cali yet but will be along for a gander..

I would be up for a meet next year (Spring maybe? Agree with Pauly that probably this year is now done. Site should have a load more members over coming months too) with an overnight camp. Whether this was to tie in with an existing meet/festival or as a self organised event but there is always the risk of last minute pull outs for a self organised event meaning you have only a few turning up. If it was an overnight or week-end, I would be open to going anywhere in the U.K
Agree, let's do Bus Types camp in April?

I used to help organise Busfest and will be on the staff again next year. we could all go for the day and meet somewhere near Malvern?

The facilities were absolutely dreadful and largely not serviced. The entertainment was poor. There were only a handful of traders. The show & shine was a few dozen vehicles. And then it was April and the weather was less good.

We tried Camper Jam. Camping was miles away from the centre and again entertainment and number of traders were pretty rubbish for the price.

We will keep doing Busfest - it might be expensive but we feel that it is better v.f.m..

Glad you like Busfest it's awesome! Shall we all meet on the Sunday of Busfest?

Back