T6 Kombi, Rear Drop Down And Speakers

James Rose

Hi Chaps,

Looking to get some work done to my T6 Kombi in the rear section. Looking to get the ceiling sound proofed and lined and two speakers, door cards sound proofed and carpeted, couple of charging points and a drop down screen for the kid.

-What do others have, do you have the dvd player up front in over head compartment? Or in the back?

-Is it worth upgrading all speakers whilst it is being done? perhaps amp and sub under seat?

-Any pictures of options and or what people have done?

Cheers

In regard to rear speakers, I am using a set 6.5" JBL, 2 way component speakers driven from the original head unit.

Got the proper speaker terminal connectors from the forum shop, ( great service), which made wiring easy.

The tweeters I put in the headlining just to the rear of each headrest, and the bass/mid speaker is going in the front of my rear wheel arch boxes. ( when I make them after its carpeted and insulated next week ).

Although I have only connected the tweeters, and I cant adjust front/rear fade, the sound is already much more central in the van.

In regard to rear speakers, I am using a set 6.5" JBL, 2 way component speakers driven from the original head unit.

Got the proper speaker terminal connectors from the forum shop, ( great service), which made wiring easy.

The tweeters I put in the headlining just to the rear of each headrest, and the bass/mid speaker is going in the front of my rear wheel arch boxes. ( when I make them after its carpeted and insulated next week ).

Although I have only connected the tweeters, and I cant adjust front/rear fade, the sound is already much more central in the van.

It’s not really recommended to have the tweeter that far away from the mid/woofer and should be as close to each other as much as possible,

The fader can be activated by VCDS

Reactions: .50
If you ever think about building a draw pack for the dead space under the rear kombi seat @.50, I'd pay for one.

It’s not really recommended to have the tweeter that far away from the mid/woofer and should be as close to each other as much as possible,

The fader can be activated by VCDS

I know its not ideal, but putting a single, 2 way speaker in the rear side panel will be of little use when the van is loaded up, plus I like speakers to heard and not seen !.
Its certainly a step up from just the front speakers for very little effort/money.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, I was thinking about speaker position before I go cutting holes into my rear panels. I guess there's no hard and fast rules but I was going to place the speakers so the edge is 4" down from the top and 4" back from the front edge for a 6.5" speaker. My OCD dictates I need even margins!

B4D4537B-B677-4A99-ACDE-32D976C5B381.jpeg

We install them 7” down and 2 “ from pillar

More in line with ear level, personally I think 4” from top is to high, plus it narrows more at the top, so if you want a flush look then you have to use a really shallow speaker

Back