T6 Kombi Bulkhead

• Thread starter Deleted member 224
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 224

Hi guys
Is there a bulkead on the market that is easily removed? I have no idea about current bulkheads and how they are fixed in. I am interested to get one, but 3 or 4 times a year would need to remove it for a particular trip we do. I like the idea of the motexion one and carpeted cab side, but is it permanent?

thanks
Steve

You can remove the Motexian. You'd have to unscrew it and jiggle it out, but you could remove it

thanks for the info, so its not fixed as such with rivets or anything then? I don't mind a little effort as will only be done a few times in the year

hiya, when you say we fix them with screws, does this mean you fit bulkheads to the public?
I'd be interested in a quote for the motexion bulkhead for my T6 Kombi SWB with twin electric doors. Am I right in thinking it comes in two parts? If so removal of the top section would probably be sufficient for my needs, leaving the bottom section in place. How tall is the bottom section? And does the tailgate sit flush against the rear seats? I can only just get our bikes in the back but they are pushed up against the seats. If the bulkhead eats up too much room might cause an issue

I have a full height bulkhead in my SWB Kombi at the moment, but will remove it when the van gets lined next month.

I have struggled to get two MTBs in with the bulkhead in, (2 x Large 27.5 Orange Fives) I wanted to get them in upright with just the front wheels removed, rear wheel in first then forks clamped in a Saris Trap, with through axle adaptor. But this doesn't work!

I'm currently putting the bikes in across the bulkhead. I'm hoping that with the bulkhead out that the rear wheels will have a little more room between the side of the seats and the doors . My van is also twin door.

If that doesn't work then I need to think again, but I want to keep the bikes off the van lining and the seat backs, especially when muddy.

If I can figure out the Media section, I'll post a picture over the weekend of how I want it to work, and how I'm getting them in at the moment.

I can get my XL bike in the rear diagonally no problem with the wheels on and then wifes and sons bike fit no problem next to it as they are much smaller.
hoping the bulkhead doesn't impinge too much as it is a tight fit

Sounds good to me. Can you also supply the bulkhead. My local dealer told me they only have them for panel van with one sliding door? but I need for my SWB Kombi with twin electric sliding doors.

Also does the bulkhead eat into the load area by much? I currently fit a few things in almost right up to the back of the rear seats and if it took up a few inches would be OK but anymore might cause a problem. Does it fit flush right up against the seats?

Ok good to know thanks. What do you charge for the actual new bulkhead?

Back