Dreaded glow plug light on

DiDeacon

Can anyone please help?
I have a 2017 T6, bi turbo 204 bhp. The glow plug light (i think it is) started flashing. Cutting a long story short, i replaced the glow plugs (no joy) i replaced the egr valve (light still on) i had the dpf filter cleaned (light comes on but not as much) it seems to come on when above 3000 rpm, then black smoke blows out the exhaust. Turn the key off and it clears until i get to 3000 roughly rpm again.
There are no air leaks from the turbo/pipes. Its driving me and my mechanic nuts.
Fault codes P00AF & P00AF P
Has anyone had this issue?

Can anyone please help?
I have a 2017 T6, bi turbo 204 bhp. The glow plug light (i think it is) started flashing. Cutting a long story short, i replaced the glow plugs (no joy) i replaced the egr valve (light still on) i had the dpf filter cleaned (light comes on but not as much) it seems to come on when above 3000 rpm, then black smoke blows out the exhaust. Turn the key off and it clears until i get to 3000 roughly rpm again.
There are no air leaks from the turbo/pipes. Its driving me and my mechanic nuts.

Have you searched the forum using those search criteria?

Quick search mate

Hi Dave, no I haven’t mate. I’m new to this forum so don’t know too much about it yet
Welcome, anyway, most of the (fortunately few) issues I've had have already been covered and resolved by others so I use the search facility, top right of the screen.
For example, if I search on P00AF I can see that others have mentioned the same fault code in previous posts. (as @JPL has shown above)
Have a read through them, some will probably be relevant to your situation.
I hope your problems are resolved soon.

Reactions: mmi
Same position for us! EML on a while ago then gone off but now every two to five journeys get glow plug light flashing! Van drives perfect but very annoying I’m going to call VW assist. Never know a vehicle to have lights on the dash so often! Seem to do all the right things, fuel tanks always over half full, mixture of journeys! Regular servicing!!

I had this on my Shuttle (150bhp) and it turned out to be a broken wire to the fuel temperature sensor. It's easy to check that the cable has not been broken. Bad design imho, having a bare wire caused by it rubbing on a hose routed close to the sensor connector.

Qualcuno può aiutare, per favore?
Ho un T6 del 2017, bi turbo da 204 CV. La spia della candeletta (credo lo sia) ha iniziato a lampeggiare. Per farla breve, ho sostituito le candelette (nessuna gioia) ho sostituito la valvola egr (spia ancora accesa) ho fatto pulire il filtro dpf (la spia si accende ma non tanto) sembra accendersi sopra i 3000 giri, poi il fumo nero spegne lo scarico. Spegni la chiave e si cancella finché non arrivo di nuovo a 3000 giri / min circa.
Non ci sono perdite d'aria dal turbo/tubi. Sta facendo impazzire me e il mio meccanico.
Codici di errore P00AF e P00AF P
Qualcuno ha avuto questo problema?
Buongiorno

Anche a me è successa la stessa cosa, ho cambiato il sensore giri motore e ora la spia candelette non si accende più

Cordiali saluti

Can anyone please help?
Hi mate , I’m having the exact issue,same engine ,same year , I've changed the inlet manifold as the code was saying that , whilst i had the front off changed EGR cooler , and now a new code P00AF ,
MInes done 125k , its a pain in the butt (limp mode issue ) some days fine all day

I had this on my Shuttle (150bhp) and it turned out to be a broken wire to the fuel temperature sensor. It's easy to check that the cable has not been broken. Bad design imho, having a bare wire caused by it rubbing on a hose routed close to the sensor connector.

Hello, where is this sensor located in engine bay?
Have same issues and if its only bad wires then it will be the easyest way to fix.

Can anyone please help?
Did you sort this, I have the same issue on my 2017 150bhp diesel, on 36000 miles. Really annoying as it came on the first time on the way the garage to sort out another issue (abs sensor). I told the garage when I left it with them but it now looks like they forgot to look at this new issue.

Hello, where is this sensor located in engine bay?
Have same issues and if its only bad wires then it will be the easyest way to fix.
Found the sensor, it was located easy on top of motor, wires was OK.
Can turbo pressure sensor be bad even if its connection between the connectors?

Back