T6 highline steering wheel comfort

Mistuk

Air-Traffic Controller
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi there

I find the steering wheel on my highline t6 really hard and not that comfortable. What options have I got to soften it up a bit and make it more comfortable... and is it possible to add a steering wheel heater too?

thanks!

Hi there

I find the steering wheel on my highline t6 really hard and not that comfortable. What options have I got to soften it up a bit and make it more comfortable... and is it possible to add a steering wheel heater too?

thanks!
Hi .. This might be a an option. (. Ok it’s pink but you get the idea ) :laugh:

22C337E2-BADB-4A1C-B19E-CB776BDD4921.jpeg

I have custom wheels available from stock, flat bottoms, DSG paddles, some full leather some perforated. Choice of stitch colour.
These are genuine wheels that have been rebuilt

£500+vat

Those familiar with royal steering wheels, can you give me an indication of cost? I’d like leather with more padding than it currently has... even a rough order of magnitude cost would be appreciated!

Those familiar with royal steering wheels, can you give me an indication of cost? I’d like leather with more padding than it currently has... even a rough order of magnitude cost would be appreciated!

I’ve never used them myself, just done a quick search on the 5 series forum and they seemed to be around the £150-£200 range.
Probably be best to give them a ring and tell them exactly what you want, the owner is a guy called Jack.

I used Control Custom Steering Wheels.
I spec’d it and they built it. £300.
Nice and comfy.

5D0C7854-55C3-4DCF-82D3-7E4FF6101468.jpeg

You could buy this wheel, have it refurbed and then fit it yourself to save your van being out of action.

I used Control Custom Steering Wheels.
I spec’d it and they built it. £300.
Nice and comfy.

View attachment 79898

You could buy this wheel, have it refurbed and then fit it yourself to save your van being out of action.
Ooohhhh! I like that a lot, love the contouring, difficult to see but does it have full functionality with buttons for cruise control, volume, station/track changing, and options on multi function display

.. does it have full functionality with buttons for cruise control, volume, station/track changing, and options on multi function display
Yes - whilst it’s off a Passat, it works the same as the Highline wheel it replaced.
You can send them the wheel with or without controls.

Did you use the airbag from your original wheel to fit into the Passat wheel?
Yes. The Passat wheel has white LEDs rather than the Transporters’ red LEDs, but to me these look a good match with the white dash binnacle lights. As in, from your position as driver, the wheel and the dash line up and look consistent.

Back