T6 High Presure Fuel Pump

Karl 1976

T6 highline 204 bhp lwb september 2016
Symptoms
(Excuse my spelling)
Red battery lite , Lucy I was near home and not busy.
so I call vw assist.
AA came out and said battery not charging.
Drove on to trailer by AA Man and it was now running very bad.mabe put it's self in to limp mode ?
So next day vw send me a video showing high pressure fuel pump leaking in to alternator as it's just below. They have taken the grill bumpers and headlights out to to this job.
So they replace pump and alternator then ring to tell me it's still not running rite ? So tomorrow the are replacing 3 of the 4 fuel injectors and so it goes on ??? Lucky for me it's under warranty till September as I expect the bill to be thousands. 45000miles on the clock. Hope I havnt bought a heap of trouble? Maybe should of stuck with the T5 ??
Also after the alternator they replaced some pulleys???

Last edited:
Good job that was warranty...

HPFP and injectors is never a cheap job.

First time I've heard of a leaking HPFP taking out the alternator.

Them replacing or servicing injectors too is implying the HPFP has failed putting metal filings into the system.. so im expect them to do a full flush too.?

Not sure about the pully thing tho?

Mm will check they have flushed it.
Will let you know the end result hopefully tomorrow but they have said 3 days in a row it should be ready to collect by 5pm so we will see.
Off to Spain Friday so would be nice to get back tomorrow so I have piece of mind for my return and my next job to start 15th. Tools everywhere at the mo and a short wheelbase transit on hire which is no good for 3m lengths of pipe.
Starts first time though.
Only had t6 about 10 weeks at a cost of a hard earned and saved 25k thank God for that warrantie and that I havnt had a remap as I am sure that would give them a excuse not to pay

Yer I think that's what they said.
The hand book told them that it was the next step to take so I am told

Did you buy it from a VW dealer or private? I wonder ifmit has been misfueled with petrol at some point in the past?

It came from cars Volkswagen cornwall sorced by wessex vans as I had them change bumpers bars ect. I have done around 1000 miles in it mabe. If it had had petrol in it surely vw assist would know about it. Any how we won't go down that road for obvious reasons

Back