T6 heater control issue

I’ve never noticed a problem but I do have the AC on all the time regardless of weather, maybe that makes it easier for the thermostat to keep stable?
My AC comes on automatically sometimes so I’m wondering if that’s what’s controlling the temps to begin with.

thank god for this thread, i thought i was going mad! even took it back for a master tech to look at, he didnt explain it as above but did say that the heater/ac control is totally new in the t6 and is apparently classed as a 'safety' part of the vehicle instead of 'comfort' by vw. so it appears after reading the above that it true and makes sense. (i thought he was fobbing me off!)
I was thinking it had a mind of its own, blowing definite AC when AC is off, blowing full heat just one click up from coldest setting etc, might be worth vw letting you know on handover though :)

When you have driven something like my 'other car' (see avatar) you will have experienced a truly dreadful heater, until then be thankful for the one in the T6!

As everyone says this is the way all T6s with AC work, AC on when directed to window, re-circ on when reverse is selected etc. The heater control does not adjust the output of heat it sets the desired temperature for the interior of the vehicle, the electronics alter the heat output to achieve that temperature.

With the Beetle you pull the heater knob fully out in October and push it in again in April and just sometimes you detect warmth! If you don't want to waste that little bit of warmth into the rear you push the two wooden plugs into the rear outlets.

Rod

Anyone know if there’s a dealer fix for this? They must have had loads of customer complaints

Anyone know if there’s a dealer fix for this? They must have had loads of customer complaints
I don't think there will be a dealer fix as it is doing what it was designed/programmed to do but you never know, they may listen. I recently had a loan Seat Leon and that did exactly the same with regards to turning the AC on with the dial on the window setting.
I have been doing some experimenting recently in the cold weather and have found it most effective with the dial turned to feet only (still puts air out of the dash vents as well), I have found any other direction setting has resulted in the random temperature issue. The temperature has been easily controllable and maintained well on this setting.

Oddly, it appears it is acting as it should, if it’s set to windscreen only it only blows hot, i now put it windscreen/feet and I have relatively good control. I’ve checked with a Vw master tech and t6 has an internal temp sensor that acts a bit like climate control, apparently now designed as a safety system instead of a comfort system.

Back