T6 heater control issue

Vanda

T6 Pro
Hello
I have a brand new T6 highline and am struggling to get used to the heater controls.
The heat seems to either come out hot or cold. Not much in the middle. If I turn the heat dial by 1 or 2 clicks it turns from one extreme to the other.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks

Sounds about right ! i trend to try and balance the dial around the 10 too 2/5 to position to try and get a compromise between hot and cold. That said you are right it does seem to be hot or cold not much in between really.

Worst heating of any vehicle I have owned - impossible to keep at a constant.

Mine is the same. There is no consistently between the position of the dial and the temperature.

Its a thermostatic type of heater- so if the vans a tad cold inside first thing as soon as you move the heater dial even 1mm from cold your get full heat until the sensor warms up. As the interior warms up the heat backs off to maintain the setting. Works good on long journeys but crap on short/quick ones as it takes a while for the interior/sensor to warm up.

The trouble is the lowest temp is set to 18 c, so as soon as you want heat it's trying to get it to that temp asap, would work a lot better if the lowest temp was say 12 or 14c as it wouldn't go to full heat to try to get the temp up.

Its a thermostatic type of heater- so if the vans a tad cold inside first thing as soon as you move the heater dial even 1mm from cold your get full heat until the sensor warms up. As the interior warms up the heat backs off to maintain the setting. Works good on long journeys but crap on short/quick ones as it takes a while for the interior/sensor to warm up.

The trouble is the lowest temp is set to 18 c, so as soon as you want heat it's trying to get it to that temp asap, would work a lot better if the lowest temp was say 12 or 14c as it wouldn't go to full heat to try to get the temp up.
every day's a school day!:thumbsup:

I've had no problems with it but we have a small car for the short trips.

Works as described above and works well once it's warmed up

If you have direction dial set to windscreen that makes it worse as it always wants to heat, I find it better to move dial away from windscreen setting and it seems a bit more reactive
when mine's set to windscreen, as soon as I switch the fan on, the aircon comes on! Seems odd to me???

Mine is same. It looks like there is a temp sensor which overrides temp dial. It goes hot when detected "too cold" and other way round when "too hot". It seems controller is pretty bad and overshoots both ways - often. Als0 have problem with cold air to windscreen it seems to be working only at certain circumstances, being hot at all other (I'm using 9 o'clock position to override it). More to it I think I heard few times (about 5 at least) fan blowing faster (or being louder) when i'm reversing... wooshing sound coming from dashboard vent at passenger window.

Mine is same. It looks like there is a temp sensor which overrides temp dial. It goes hot when detected "too cold" and other way round when "too hot". It seems controller is pretty bad and overshoots both ways - often. Als0 have problem with cold air to windscreen it seems to be working only at certain circumstances, being hot at all other (I'm using 9 o'clock position to override it). More to it I think I heard few times (about 5 at least) fan blowing faster (or being louder) when i'm reversing... wooshing sound coming from dashboard vent at passenger window.

When you select reverse the climate control turns on air recirculation to stop you sucking fumes into the cab. This is why the fan sounds different in reverse.

It certainly is a school day. I thought I was going mad when reversing and the blower fan would change pitch and seem louder. I was convinced I was knocking something as I selected reverse!! I'll cancel my dementia appointment now

If the front wipers are on, it’ll wipe the rear screen when reverse is selected too :cool:

Do you guys having the issues have the a/c on or off?

I spoke with few friends and it looks like more cars nowdays are switching AC on when windscreen selected. if you select foot well/windscreen it won't turn AC on.

So glad I found this thread, I was about to post up asking if anyone else was harbouring a fragment OF THE SUN!!!! under the bonnet. I have noticed over a long drive there’s more control. But wow, it’s a face melter to begin with.

Interesting...:speechless: I hardly ever touch the controls and it seems to serve me just fine all year around. Both at 9 o'clock, fan at 1, when really cold have to switch on speed 2.

I’ve never noticed a problem but I do have the AC on all the time regardless of weather, maybe that makes it easier for the thermostat to keep stable?

Back