Found T6 H7 headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
As per title a pair of good condition H7 headlights wanted.

Anyone upgraded to aftermarket lights got some gathering dust?

@Paynewright if you are still looking check out ebay item number 274566877411 they are nothing to do with me, but priced way way below market value - I’d get on them quick. Correct part numbers for H7 Shuttle / Caravelle units. Cheers, Jon

@Paynewright if you are still looking check out ebay item number 274566877411 they are nothing to do with me, but priced way way below market value - I’d get on them quick. Correct part numbers for H7 Shuttle / Caravelle units. Cheers, Jon
£45 for a pair of h7 headlamps. That's dirt cheap.

Looks like they are H4.

Doh - missed them. PM next time so I get first dibs ;-)

I’ve resigned myself to fitting LED bulbs!

I have a set from 69 plate which have only covered 1000 miles, but I will be swapping them back with the genuine LED lights when I get a new van and selling the LED lights instead.
They are not much better than the H4 so I wouldn’t bother if I were you, go straight for the LED, either aftermarket or genuine.
They should only offer LED lights from the factory in my view. This is my fifth Transporter and the H4 or H7 are very poor on a dark rainy night down a country lane considering how big the light units are.

I have a set from 69 plate which have only covered 1000 miles, but I will be swapping them back with the genuine LED lights when I get a new van and selling the LED lights instead.
They are not much better than the H4 so I wouldn’t bother if I were you, go straight for the LED, either aftermarket or genuine.
They should only offer LED lights from the factory in my view. This is my fifth Transporter and the H4 or H7 are very poor on a dark rainy night down a country lane considering how big the light units are.

Before the T6 I had two Skoda Superb’s and the headlights, using normal bulbs were brilliant. I don’t understand how one vehicle in the group can have perfectly adequate incandescent lights and another ones, that are dangerous.

Ian

Does the Superb not use elipsoidal lenses with the H7? Must be how they get improved light.
My Superb has Bi Xenon and they are very good which probably doesn’t help when jumping in a van with candles.

Does the Superb not use elipsoidal lenses with the H7? Must be how they get improved light.
My Superb has Bi Xenon and they are very good which probably doesn’t help when jumping in a van with candles.

They had what looked like lenses in front of the bulb. SWMBO has LEDs on her Octavia and they incredible by comparison.

Just going to restate that I thought the H4 to H7 change was well worth the effort but have to admit I have never driven one with LED.
Couple of things needed for the change, four decent H7 bulbs which you can get all over the place. And the coding changed to enable full beam with all four lamps on.
Up here in the dark and wet Highlands it as been absolutely fine with H7 in a way it just wasn’t with H4.
Would love LED but it’s never going to happen especially now I am retired.

The good thing for you, as you haven’t driven one with LED lights is; you are non the wiser and a richer man to boot. You don’t know what you don’t know (Rumsfeld).

@Robert Ha, you are in the same club as me then Robert; only you have some very nice useful upgrades on your van, something they call super spec.
Digital dash next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back