T6 door rubbers

dave hart

hi any fitted transporter HQ door rubber seals i fitted one side today seems hard to shut the door you have to slam it hard do thay get easier in time ?

thank dave

hi any fitted transporter HQ door rubber seals i fitted one side today seems hard to shut the door you have to slam it hard do thay get easier in time ?

thank dave
I have the THQ ones on mine and agree, it's harder to shut the door. On my last van I got them from somewhere else and didnt have this problem.

I now have some Travellin-Lite ones and the seem much softer, as if they wont cause the same problem. Im not sure if to pull the THQ ones off and use the Travellin-Lite ones.

I have the THQ ones on mine and agree, it's harder to shut the door. On my last van I got them from somewhere else and didnt have this problem.

I now have some Travellin-Lite ones and the seem much softer, as if they wont cause the same problem. Im not sure if to pull the THQ ones off and use the Travellin-Lite ones.
hi mate how long have the THQ ones been on the van thanks

Yeah same I bought mine from a company on eBay
great quality but yeah the doors need to be shut harder than before
but saying that what a difference they make we’ll chuffed

How to these differ from OEM Caravelle ones?
I've never seen OEM ones to be honest, but Im guessing density of the foam/rubber and size?

Are the Caravelle ones just stuck on?

Wonder how much they are?

Yeah same I bought mine from a company on eBay
great quality but yeah the doors need to be shut harder than before
but saying that what a difference they make we’ll chuffed
Same for me, been on about 2 months now and I wouldn't say its settled much. Drivers door seems harder to shut than passenger door, and it makes the door stand proud of the body slightly, particularly around the top corner

Loads of info here.

I've never seen OEM ones to be honest, but Im guessing density of the foam/rubber and size?

Are the Caravelle ones just stuck on?

Wonder how much they are?

I've just been and looked at mine. They are not stuck. They are attached with small trim clips that fit into holes in the door.

Same for me, been on about 2 months now and I wouldn't say its settled much. Drivers door seems harder to shut than passenger door, and it makes the door stand proud of the body slightly, particularly around the top corner
Hey guys, I wish I had seen this before doing the same from THQ. Although, while the driver's door must now be slammed to shut, it is noticeably quieter at 60+ mph. Also, the passenger door is amazing, for both gentle closure and sound. Hopefully the driver's door will become easier to shut over time...

Back