T6 caravelle rear bench seat will not come back up.

bilko

Hi all. 6 years ago I took my t5 caravelle bench seat out , folded down the back rest and put in in my garage, and replaced it with two new captains chairs. I sold the caravelle when I purchased the new t6 caravelle. I have decided that I do not need two bench seats so want to sell the t5 version (which is identical I believe to the t6 ) however the rear seat back will not come up. Anyone had this problem and managed to cure it? I really do need the room in my garage to put the pushbikes back in there..

Hi looking from back of seat right hand hinge there is a lever and spring Pull towards you and seat will be unlocked to unfold

Thanks Colin . I will look for this lever. This will be in a few days when I’m an walk again and able to move the monster seat out of the garage (between thunderstorms ) ..New knee gone Wong

Well after bashing my new knee several times I got help getting the one ton rear seat/bed out of the garage. After much swearing and head scratching I noticed a piece of thread near the mechanism after turning the seat over. About an hour later and making a hooked tool I got the obstruction out of the mechanism and it worked so up popped the seat back..somehow I had closed the seat with the middle seat belt inside the seat and that’s what stopped the mechanism working..so beware caravelle owners always always make sure you can see the middle seat belt before closing the backrest down.

Back